What is all this talk about?

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been hearing talk about Sprint, Dish and some other company and something about someone buying someone. What is this all about? Will this be good for us Sprint users if Sprint is buying someone/getting bought out?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Your a little late to the party. Basically a few months ago, softbank one of the largest carriers in Japan put in an offer to buy majority stake in sprint. It was just about to go through about a month ago until dish put in a higher offer.

Personally I would love to see Softbank takeover, they have a wonderful business model, and that money could really speed network vision deployment.

As for dish, boo on them. They have to much things going on and they are floundering worse than sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Also Sprint and Dish are fighting over Clearwire. And now Softbank has put in a bid for T-Mobile in case Dish does get Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Also Sprint and Dish are fighting over Clearwire. And now Softbank has put in a bid for T-Mobile in case Dish does get Sprint.

Man I really hope dish doesn't get sprint, they are a terrible company.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
What are the chances that either Softbank or Dish terminates Sprint's Unlimited plan. I know, speculative. I'll tell ya, if they do then Sprint has little to offer its customers. In my area its signal is poor. I mean, "right in town poor".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What are the chances that either Softbank or Dish terminates Sprint's Unlimited plan. I know, speculative. I'll tell ya, if they do then Sprint has little to offer its customers. In my area its signal is poor. I mean, "right in town poor".

I don't think they would.. Everyone knows that's the only advantage Sprint has at the moment and that's why you even see them pointing it out in commercials all the time.. If they didn't have unlimited they would have nothing over the big guys.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I think its the only reason im staying. that and i dont want to change my number. but when theres no more unlimited data, im moving to ATT or Tmobile
I don't think they would.. Everyone knows that's the only advantage Sprint has at the moment and that's why you even see them pointing it out in commercials all the time.. If they didn't have unlimited they would have nothing over the big guys.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I think its the only reason im staying. that and i dont want to change my number. but when theres no more unlimited data, im moving to ATT or Tmobile

You don't change your number if you leave Sprint it gets ported and usually other carriers will give you a bonus of some kind. In 2011 when I ported my number to Sprint they gave me a $200 credit for my account.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You don't change your number if you leave Sprint it gets ported and usually other carriers will give you a bonus of some kind. In 2011 when I ported my number to Sprint they gave me a $200 credit for my account.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah he is right. They changed the law a few years ago and they have to let you keep your number. The way to do it is to not cancel your Sprint account and just go to the carriers store that your going to and have them port the number. It will auto cancel your Sprint line and your number will be with them.

I've moved my number easily this way before :).

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah he is right. They changed the law a few years ago and they have to let you keep your number. The way to do it is to not cancel your Sprint account and just go to the carriers store that your going to and have them port the number. It will auto cancel your Sprint line and your number will be with them.

I think it was closer to a decade ago that they passed that law. It's been that way since before I left high school in '04, I believe. I have no idea why 10 years later, some people still think they need to change their number when they switch carriers. My sister did it twice AFTER I told her about the law, and both times, she just said she forgot. I personally would just expect to be able to keep my number regardless of the law, so it puzzles me that so many people assume differently.

I also moved my number from AT&T to Sprint the same way. The biggest problem I had was that AT&T misspelled the password on the account when it was set it up, so it took like 20 tries to figure it out so I could port my number. But yeah, Sprint took care of everything, and the AT&T account was automatically cancelled. It's super easy. There is no reason to get a new number when you switch carriers.

Posted via Android Central App

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it was closer to a decade ago that they passed that law. It's been that way since before I left high school in '04, I believe. I have no idea why 10 years later, some people still think they need to change their number when they switch carriers. My sister did it twice AFTER I told her about the law, and both times, she just said she forgot. I personally would just expect to be able to keep my number regardless of the law, so it puzzles me that so many people assume differently.

I also moved my number from AT&T to Sprint the same way. The biggest problem I had was that AT&T misspelled the password on the account when it was set it up, so it took like 20 tries to figure it out so I could port my number. But yeah, Sprint took care of everything, and the AT&T account was automatically cancelled. It's super easy. There is no reason to get a new number when you switch carriers.

Posted via Android Central App

Ya. I have never not had major issues when porting a number. But it gets done eventually. It's always the carrier losing me as a customer too of course. I should say that I mean everyone I've known that has ported their number including me.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to keep that in mind! Now to go to Tmobile and wait for the LTE to get to Idaho and have unlimited data still or go to ATT....hmmm