Sprint Tri-Band LTE Phone Discussion Thread aka Sprint Spark

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official Sprint Tri-Band LTE Phone Discussion Thread

Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720T - i.e. tri-band galaxy s4

Unknown if this is the LTE-A version with the S800 though.

Teaser: Samsung Galaxy S4 + 2 = 3?! - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...me=N&application_id=202482&fcc_id=A3LSPHL720T
Updated the list!

What will be 'Tri-Band' LTE capable:

- LG G2 (LS980)

- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (SPH-L520)

- LG Galaxy Nexus 5 (D820)

- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3" (SPH-L600)

- HTC One Max

- Samsung Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720T)

Last edited:

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Well there you have it....the re-released S4 with triband LTE.... This will make VW Maverick very happy......I was starting to think my source got the S4 and S4 mini mixed up...but he swore there was an S4 will be re-released with Triband he would not concede that. LOL

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

lennyj said:
This will make VW Maverick very happy.

You'd think it would, and it does to a certain extent, but I am going to get the LG G2 when released on 11/08 and not look back.
It is more poweful, bigger screenand a better battery than the S4.
I am very glad that more Tri-Band phones are being released by Sprint.
Things are looking up. :)

Mav. :cool:

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I've yet to do the research and digging through the info to find out which Tri-Band phone has best RF performance overall, if there is a measurable difference between them that is. I guess that will be my next project lol.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

I think these 1st Gen Triband devices are going to be the "Test" devices of how handsets need to be tweaked for better performance between the tri-bands...I expect the 2nd Gen Devices (post New Year released handsets) and 3rd Gen Devices (Summer 2014 releases) to have their radio's optimized for best performance.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Until all bands are up and running, it is difficult to know real world use.
I am sure all the testing that can be done has been done.

Sent from Torchwood

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Do we know for sure that ALL Tri-Band phones will not support simultaneous talk/data (on 3G) as had been shown the the LG G2?

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Until all bands are up and running, it is difficult to know real world use.
I am sure all the testing that can be done has been done.

Sent from Torchwood

Talking about what to tweak in the Devices themselves, not the network itself. So that there's better handoffs between bands. At least in the Big Metro's 1900 and 2.5 should be ready to go with the launch of the 1st Gen devices.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

At launch, only Band 25 will be active. Bands 26 and 41 will be available "post launch" per info from Sprint.
If you can get the phone's MSL code, you can go in and activate the other Bands on your own.
An OTA update will likely come down the pike when Sprint is ready to make all Bands active for everyone.
For the unwashed masses/general public, I would like to think that the handoff would be seemless to avoid confusion, lost signals & data, etc.

HopelesslyFaithful

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

You'd think it would, and it does to a certain extent, but I am going to get the LG G2 when released on 11/08 and not look back.
It is more poweful, bigger screenand a better battery than the S4.
I am very glad that more Tri-Band phones are being released by Sprint.
Things are looking up. :)

i thought i read on their site it was the 25th of october it was coming out?

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

At launch, only Band 25 will be active. Bands 26 and 41 will be available "post launch" per info from Sprint.
If you can get the phone's MSL code, you can go in and activate the other Bands on your own.
An OTA update will likely come down the pike when Sprint is ready to make all Bands active for everyone.
For the unwashed masses/general public, I would like to think that the handoff would be seemless to avoid confusion, lost signals & data, etc.

In places such as NYC LA SF CHI DEN MIA... Band 41 is already live and kicking so triband phones will be able to hop right on as theyre released atleast in these cities... I imagine 1st Gen phones will probably need some tinkering after release as some are liable hold onto weaker bands over falling to a lower band, not fall back to TD LTE when its signal is strong again, and such...it happens with all new Tech...sure Sprint can issue firmware updates to fix these issues, but the radios to have flawless performance out the box will probably take until 2nd 3rd Gen Triband devices..

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

They are probably going to wait until it is more widespread before officially activating the other bands.
I am just going by the info in the Sprint LG G2 app:
qa3uqezu.jpg

Sent from Torchwood

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

There are 2 more phones confirmed you can add to the mix of tri band devices. HTC One Max and the Galaxy S4T

HopelesslyFaithful

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately, that was an ugly rumor until the official date was announced.
Friday, November 8th is the day.

than that must be the preorder date....i say it on some page on sprints site.

any news on the GS4 LTE triband and one max release days? #$%&$%&$%*

HopelesslyFaithful

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

AP had a story that 22,500 G2s were stolen from sprint -_- i will be pissed if that jacks up the launch date!!!!!!

HopelesslyFaithful

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

i will be looking at the new phones this Friday or Saturday so i am excited ^^ Anyone know where to find that info to unlock your phone to use triband? I heard in Chicago it is up but you need to change some stuff it get it to work.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm hearing people who attempt to unlock, still are not able to access band 41 even though its live in their market. The S4 Mini and the Re-released S4(T) are going to be the only ones shipping with Spark (Triband) access right out the box. The One Max, and Mega will go live late Nov/early Dec. The G2 and the Nexus will not be until shortly after the New Year.

BTW the S4T will be announced Next Week with a release around the End of the month...from what I'm told.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac