4G in South Florida

potheadhero

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Seems we are starting to see 4G pop up all over Miami Dade and Broward County and rumors are that it will go live in October. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I need to put my Evo and soon the Epic to work.

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Driving in Fort Lauderdale on US1 (Federal HWY) between Oakland park and Commercial had 4g, got 3.8 mbps down and 0.88 mbps up. it was only a small area, but the internet and youtube was really fast.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
SWEET!!!! great to hear with the Epic coming out soon and me moving to Broward as well. 4G probably won't come to my current location for a very long time.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Driving in Fort Lauderdale on US1 (Federal HWY) between Oakland park and Commercial had 4g, got 3.8 mbps down and 0.88 mbps up. it was only a small area, but the internet and youtube was really fast.

My gf lives right by there. I'm hoping I can show off 4g to her dad when I go down there after I get the Epic. Looking to move down there, so this is just gravy.

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
i was able to pick up a sort of a 4g signal today while driving close to miracle mile in coral gables but it was weird, it had the 4g signal but it has an exclamation mark, it kept on popping up maybe 4 times but i never locked onto it

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
i was able to pick up a sort of a 4g signal today while driving close to miracle mile in coral gables but it was weird, it had the 4g signal but it has an exclamation mark, it kept on popping up maybe 4 times but i never locked onto it
J-

Nice to hear from you!

The Sensorly app lets you make and see street-level 4G maps. The online 4G map does not let you zoom in much. but gives you the general idea.

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
J-

Nice to hear from you!

The Sensorly app lets you make and see street-level 4G maps. The online 4G map does not let you zoom in much. but gives you the general idea.

thanks man, im installing this now

Update: well i installed it couple minutes ago and it shows theres 4g around 8st and 22nd avenue to 8st st and 17 avenue, and funny thing was i saw no 4g at all around miami just a couple days ago, so hopefully 4g pops up in more places around me because i still havent connected to it. it would be awesome to have 4g at my house!

Last edited:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Note that Sensorly shows all the places where towers have been found. Often while they are in testing they are on and off for several weeks. You may or may not see certain towers on any given day.

potheadhero

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I have found 4G in a few places in Broward. Pines and I-75 and on the 595. Also heard there is 4G in downtown which people have already spotted a tower and 4G near Miami Beach by Alton right off the Julia Tuttle. Hope this helps guys.

usualsuspect

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had 4g today at LA Fitness on US1 near oakland park & then all the way up to near Atlantic Blvd. Speeds were great - range of 5-8 down and 1 up. So was very fast.

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
It seems like 4g is getting closer looked up the sensorly app and saw a lot more places with 4g. I was at Central Regional Park on 441 and Sunrise and was able to get a good 4g signal. Did a speed test and was able to get 5 down 0.8 up

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie