4G in Cleveland, Ohio

danrau

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I just hit the 4G switch on my phone tonight just playing around. It said that there was a 4G signal. The signal is very weak where I am, just out side of downtown in Tremont. Just wondering if anyone else tried it. Will try it again tomorrow in downtown where hopefully it is stronger. I am just visiting Cleveland. I am from Hawaii where we have 4G and it is SICK.:cool: I got the EVO just a day or two before coming out here. So I wasn't able to really test it out too much. Hope it is live here and that they boost the signal where I am right now. I love my EVO and playing around on it without 4G drives me nuts. I really want to see the 4G and laugh at my brother who is using a iPhone 4 and tell him that he should have switched and got the EVO. Also my wife is getting the EPIC and I think that I am more excited then she is to go on 4G and video chat on it.

mlesher2004

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
4G in North Olmsted, Ohio (Cleveland suburb)

I was in North Olmsted, Ohio, a suburb 20 miles out of downtown Cleveland, Ohio and went 4G with "good" reception on an Evo 4G. I got a solid 8 Mb/s download and variable upload speed but around .3 Mb/s. I get 1 Mb/s download with wifi and cable modem at home. It was great. Web surfing was very fast.

danrau

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
nice. still not really working outside of downtown where i am. tried turning it on downtown this morning. nothing. nice to hear that it is working in north olmsted. nothing on sprint saying that it is on. might just be getting ready for the epic launch less then a week away.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
With the Epic and other 4G phones on their way, I'm moving this thread to the Sprint forum where others will benefit from this information also.

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I know of 3 possibly 4 towers that are live. East 85th and Carnegie, I90 and broadway exit and Rockside rd in independence the 4th mixed in downtown.

tprevett

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm I picked up 4G for a second at the intersection of 176 and i90 in Cleveland heading home from work yesterday. Then today, I was in North Olmsted got full signal in the Great Northern Mall Area.. took like 20 speed test reading.. average appears to be 5.5 down and 1 up. Driving back to North Ridgeville, got as far as the Chestnut school, and then the phone went back to 3G.. Looks like a single tower is live? Maybe a 4 mile radius? Sound right?

mlesher2004

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
4G Map Viewer

I have been running the Android Application "4G,CDMA,GSM & WiFi Map Viewer" by Sensorly. You turn on 4G and this application, drive the area and it will create a map of what is 4G and what is not. The data is stored on your phone and then uploaded to their server. Once uploaded (about 5 minutes) it shows a google map with a light blue overlay if it has been scanned with no results and a green overlay with 4G active. The scanned mapping is uploaded to their server and then to everyone else. I drove around the edge of the 4G area mapping the outer edge of North Olmsted. I reccomend that everyone else in the 4G areas do the same so we all can find the 4G hot spots.

You can zoom out to the whole USA and see all the 4G hot spots. I real nice application. You can check the current state of 4G where you will be visiting by running this application. The more people who use it, the better the map will be.

mlesher2004

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Sensorly 4G Map is showing 4G active in the area of Great Lakes Science Center, I77 and I90, I77 and I490. Pretty much Downtown south to I490. Thanks to the data collector.

Nagual#AC

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask someone to please be so kind as to upload their Spotify detailed 4G Cleveland map from their Android phone (I haven't purchased my Epic yet)?

I would love it if the Eastside suburbs around Shaker Heights would finally get decent Sprint signal, including 4G, but am not holding my breath. Too many lovely large trees and not enough leases for towers. I will have to force roam I expect as always, but love the bargain plan and great phone I will get with Sprint.

mlesher2004

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Cleveland Coverage is expanding!

I was driving and found 4G service in Olmsted Falls at Columbia Rd south the Bagley Rd and West on Bagley Rd and Cook Rd to Stearns Rd. Service is also expanding into Fairview Park area on W 220th St. Service seems to be expanding along highways 480 east to 77, 71 south to Grafton Rd, and 90 from Crocker Rd west to east several miles. No service in Elyria or N. Ridgeville yet :eek:.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante