EVO 4G Owners Find 4G in 18 News Markets

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint officially lists 54 cities as 4G markets with 18 more cities on the upcoming notification list.

HTC EVO users Have Found 4G Service in 81 Surrounding Cities and 18 New Markets.

Sprint maps only show some of the 4G markets. 4G towers have been found in many unannounced markets as well. Some areas aren't even on the notification list.

Using the Sensorly app, users have mapped 4G coverage in 155 cities:

California: Anaheim, Burbank, Fremont, Fullerton, Hayward, Los Angeles, Merced, Modesto, Roseville, San Francisco, San Jose, Tulare, Turlock
Colorado: Arvada, Denver, Littleton
Conn: Hartford, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury
Deleware: Wilmington
Florida: Daytona Beach, Ft Lauderdale, Holiday, Jacksonville, Miami, New Smyrna, Orange Park, Orlando, St Augastine, St Pete, Tampa
Georgia: Atlanta, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Marietta, Milledgeville, Roswell
Hawaii: Honolulu, Maui
Idaho: Boise, Meridian, Nampa
Illinois: Aurora, Belleville, Chicago, Crystal Lake, Edwardsville, Elgin, Joliet, Naperville, Waukegan
Indiana: Dyer, East Chicago, Gary, Griffith
Maryland: Annapolis, Baltimore, Gaithersburg, Rockville, Towson
Mass: Boston, Brookline, Farmingham, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Medford, Salem, Weymouth
Michigan: Grand Rapids, Walker, Wyoming
Minn: Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Minneapolis-St Paul
Missouri: Arnold, Florissant, Independence, Kansas City, O'Fallon, St. Charles, St. Louis
Nevada: Enterprise, Henderson, Las Vegas, Searchlight
New Jersey: Edison, Elizabeth, Newark, Patterson, Plainfield,
New York: New York, Rochester, Syracuse, White Plains
NC: Apex, Asheboro, Cary, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Greensboro, High Point, Raleigh-Durham, Winston-Salem
OH: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Fairfield, Westerfield
Oregon: Beaverton, Eugene, Hillboro, Portland, Salem, WIlsonville
Penn: Carnegie, Dormont, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Mt Oliver, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reading, York
Rhode Island: Pawtucket, Providence, Warwick
Tenn: Franklin, Hendersonville, Murfreesburo, Nashville
Texas: Abilene, Amarillo, Austin, Borger, Conroe, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denton, Houston, Killeen/Temple, Lubbock, McKinney, Midland/Odessa, Pampa, Plano, San Antonio, Waco, Wichita Falls
Utah: Layton, Ogden, Orem, Provo, Salt Lake City
Virgina: Arlington, Chesterfield, Manassas, Mechanicsville, Richmond, Woodbridge
Washington: Arlington, Bellingham, Ellensburg, Everett, Kennewick, Lynnwood, Marysville, Pasco, Richland, Richmond, Seattle, Tacoma, Yakima, Snohomish, Vancouver
Washington D.C.

Check out the maps and you can see street-by-street if you will have 4G (or 3G).
Note: New towers are often in testing and may not be on all of the time until that market is announced.
Notes: Results with other phones may vary. New towers are often in testing and may not be on all of the time. The Sensorly app map 3G and 4G service while the user drives. The app gives street level mapping but the Sensorly online maps offer limited zoom levels.

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
4G is all over the place.. I live in Nashville, TN and they do not advertise 4G as being out yet but it's here... I was curious because Clearwire offers wireless broadband in the Nashville area and they use WiMax and are owned by Sprint so I flipped my 4G antenna on and sure enough... I get a pretty good 4G signal in MOST places around Nashville... I don't think they advertise it because it's not wide spread across the area... From my house I get a full 4G signal but speeds are not that great (IMO) I average 3 - 4 Mbps on 4G and 1 Mbps on 3G from my living room...

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
On my way down I95 I turned on sensorly but kept shutting off. I do remember I made st Augustine on the sensorly map. Now, my issue is Orlando and st Augustine is live and I'm in cocoa/cocoa beach Florida and no 4g yet. Hopefully they see I did 6 gigs in 3 days thanks to slingbox

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
4G seems to be overflowing now. It is good to see that our money is going somewhere. The only thing is that I cannot seem to be able to play videos from the internet on my EVO when I have 4G. Which is odd, because that's when you would want to use 4G when you are streaming video. But I haven't been successful at getting it to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
which, besides miami and ft lauderdale. going to daytona beach, miami, and maybe tampa so expect mapping down till tuesday

Last edited: