Damn! Look at these Spark speeds in NYC...

El Frank

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Get your mls number from sprint dial *#*#data#*#* than click on lte, edit enabled all 3 bands make band 40 priority 1 the rest 0 than hit back and your ready to go

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

El Frank

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Here are the screen shots for spark on a nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1386658365464.jpg
    1386658365464.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 1386658378909.jpg
    1386658378909.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 38

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So is it possible to check on a different phone? I'm not sure it would be built to get those bands...

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Tmo is not running LTE through 1900 they are using that for hspa+ tmo only LTE band is 1700/2100 that is band 4 which is tmo only LTE band. They did get more LTE spectrum from metro but they are using that to make band 4 better. They are banking on some 600 spectrum next year though.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

There is no 600MHz next year, it's been pushed back by the Feds to 2015.

Posted via Android Central App

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Band 41 is ONLY live in NYC CHI LA SF and Tampa.... Other market wont go live until starting in 1Q

I think Denver, CO. was among the first to go live according to S4GRU. Robert went there with test results months ago.

I'm not positive but I believe their mapping shows other TD-LTE markets live.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I think Denver, CO. was among the first to go live according to S4GRU. Robert went there with test results months ago.

I'm not positive but I believe their mapping shows other TD-LTE markets live.

I live in Wellington CO, and Sprint used to have good coverage in my area, and at work. Data completely disappeared a couple of months ago, but voice was still around. When I called Sprint, I got bounced around to a bunch of people who said they had completed their Network Upgrades in my area, and there would be no further enhancements. Uh, it was worse than before, and even though S4GRU says they will be rolling out LTE to every single site they have, that doesn't appear to be the case. Why would you go and upgrade all your 3G towers and add capability if you were going to upgrade it to LTE in a year? I could see the Army wasting money in that way, but not Sprint.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
So is it possible to check on a different phone? I'm not sure it would be built to get those bands...

No, you have to buy a new phone that is capable of getting that band...Sprint is really good about making people buy new phones. They did it with Wimax, LTE, and now "Spark". Hopefully they stick with their newest version for a while.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Get your mls number from sprint dial *#*#data#*#* than click on lte, edit enabled all 3 bands make band 40 priority 1 the rest 0 than hit back and your ready to go

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC For mobile app

What is 'mls'?? When I click LTE, then edit, it prompts me to a service code.

Sorry, noob question I guess.
Thanks.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I live in Wellington CO, and Sprint used to have good coverage in my area, and at work. Data completely disappeared a couple of months ago, but voice was still around. When I called Sprint, I got bounced around to a bunch of people who said they had completed their Network Upgrades in my area, and there would be no further enhancements. Uh, it was worse than before, and even though S4GRU says they will be rolling out LTE to every single site they have, that doesn't appear to be the case. Why would you go and upgrade all your 3G towers and add capability if you were going to upgrade it to LTE in a year? I could see the Army wasting money in that way, but not Sprint.
Because 3G is just one small piece of it. S4GRU has well documented the testing of that market as well as many others. Permits for physical towers to be altered/upgraded are issued and all of this info is viewed by those over at S4GRU.

If you are running SignalCheckPro//Lite you will see what frequency you're connecting to for voice and for data services. I can tell you in my state (Oregon) 800MHz voice for instance has been widely deployed. This has made a huge difference, this will be even better still when LTE service is activated on that same frequency.

For pure data services, unlimited LTE via 800/1900/2500 will be extremely tough to beat both from a connectivity and bandwidth capacity standpoint.

On the other hand if you dislike Sprint and despite the evidence believe it will never improve for you, you should move to another option rather than just complain regardless.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lenny when did you go back to Sprint from Verizon?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I'm not.....But I like what I'm seeing so far, make me more confident Sprint will have it together by the time my VZW contract runs out next Sept. I can't wait, Verizon overpriced Garbage, if I had to do again, I would've went with AIO wireless to wait out on while Sprint finishes NV.

Wait... How did you get these tests then if you don't have Sprint? Sprint store I guess?

Just curious :).

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Wait... How did you get these tests then if you don't have Sprint? Sprint store I guess?

Just curious :).

No they were posted on S4GRU. I posted them here to show there is a light at the end of the Tunnel in the face of all the Doom and Gloom Sprint talk in here.

The Speedtest were done with an N5 for that person that was wondering.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
just going to add... that it can go to verizon but at least i dont have to worry about tied data. just new billing cycle and did over 2 gigs in 1 day

Thanks, good to know. I don't plan to put my Nexus 5 on Sprint... I hoped maybe if I could see improvement on my other phone maybe I'd stick with them. But looks like not.

Edit: oops, the Tapatalk mystery quoting bug struck again. This first portion wasn't the post I was quoting.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
On the other hand if you dislike Sprint and despite the evidence believe it will never improve for you, you should move to another option rather than just complain regardless.

I did switch...I have no problems paying ETF's if I have to, I just don't like to. Sprint told me they were done in my area. I'm pretty sure Sprint would know more than some random blogger about what they are going to do in a certain area.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sprint told me they were done in my area. I'm pretty sure Sprint would know more than some random blogger about what they are going to do in a certain area.
'Sprint' told you huh? Sprint employees have a fraction of the knowledge regarding what Network Vision is let alone the processes involved to complete it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Great speed test posts! Glad to see they are coming along nicely! I wonder as more and more people start to use it if it will become super slow like Verizon had happen. But Spark's bandwidth looks pretty good thus far! Thanks for the pictures! Keep them coming as the newer markets are added!

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
'Sprint' told you huh? Sprint employees have a fraction of the knowledge regarding what Network Vision is let alone the processes involved to complete it.

Yes, one of their network supervisors on the 14-billionth handoff/call