And Then There Were 3? Sprint Said To Be Prepping T-Mobile Bid..

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Sprint and TMOBILE could put all there VoLTE Power together and make a BEAST with all the spectrum and Backhaul they have... Plus SPRINT Would Convert all of its CDMA Tech to VoLte/HSPA as well... They would still be a smaller carrier but be a BEAST like Verizon

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Sprint and TMOBILE could put all there VoLTE Power together and make a BEAST with all the spectrum and Backhaul they have... Plus SPRINT Would Convert all of its CDMA Tech to VoLte/HSPA as well... They would still be a smaller carrier but be a BEAST like Verizon

But then all the carrier rates would go up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Why? From what is being said about the merger talks..... SPRINT WOULD CONVERT its network, even though it just rebuilt it, and they would MERGE onto TMOBILES KILLER Pricing STRUCTURE.....

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Why? From what is being said about the merger talks..... SPRINT WOULD CONVERT its network, even though it just rebuilt it, and they would MERGE onto TMOBILES KILLER Pricing STRUCTURE.....

4 competitors is better for consumers than only 3.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile CEO on Sprint Deal: ‘I Have a Couple Things to Say’ - Digits - WSJ

Looks like they have a way to Merge, and still have 4 Players on the field (Which is what FCC Wants)!!

The Entire Process would actually involve SPRINT, TMOBILE & DISH NETWORK (4TH Carrier)

Option 1: Merge with SPRINT, Eliminate Sprint, and Convert the Network's CDMA Portion to GSM HSPA+

They would then, hand over or sell the Sprint Footprint Portion of the NEW TMOBILE Network to Dish Network, and in retrospect, get access to all parts of that new network for its own Network (Portions that over lap or the fcc would require them to divest)

Option 2: Merge, and only Convert the PARTS Of the Network and Spectrum it needs or wants, Leaving the REST a VoLTE/CDMA Network and handing that over to Dish Network..

Option 2 would give Dish Network a SMALLER Footprint to start with, But none the less, its a start!

If Dish Network is ready to go right with being a carrier right away... ALL SPRINT CUSTOMERS not in an area TMOBILE is allowed to acquire, would thus become "Dish Network Wireless" customers... I think if DISH NETWORK isn't ready to go right off the bat... Then those SPRINT Customers would thus be told Service was ending... or TMOBILE would offer buy outs to those customers

Last edited:

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I hope it's a rumor. They're they only 2 contract phone companies competing for lower prices, there would be little reason after the merger for their prices to not go up (for people choose full network/contract services).

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
As a T-Mobile customer, I really hope this doesn't happen. It's not that I don't like Sprint, I really like the new Framily plan and, with the ability to bring a Nexus 5, I could be very happy with Sprint. However, having two carriers put pressure on AT&T and Verizon is better than one. Sprint doesn't need more spectrum that badly and T-Mobiles spectrum wouldn't fold in that easily. I'm just hoping a failed merger doesn't hurt Sprint like it did AT&T.

Posted via Android Central App

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I would think Softbank would want to get the ship righted with Sprint before going after TMO. As a Sprint customer I've seen the quality of their data speeds go from great to subpar here in the Chicago area.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I would think Softbank would want to get the ship righted with Sprint before going after TMO. As a Sprint customer I've seen the quality of their data speeds go from great to subpar here in the Chicago area.
It's not just their data performance that's suffered. Their voice network has gone to the dogs, as well. For me: From tolerable to unusable. That's why I moved to TMO last summer.

As I've said, elsewhere: Sprint is like a drowning man, thrashing-about wildly, futilely waving his hands about as he slowly sinks. Sprint has been that way for years. It has shown no inclination to actually get any new, innovative direction under Softbank. For those reasons: I am utterly opposed to TMO being Borged by Sprint/Softbank. That acquisition can only mean Bad Things for U.S. wireless customers, in my view.

All things considered: I think Masayoshi Son's only interest here is removing competition. He'll achieve that, if regulators approve the deal. He won't get us back, however. I'll move us to VZW and be done with it.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
An example of why those of us who've moved to T-Mobile are dead set against the company being Borg'd by Sprint/Softbank: SoftBank's Son Keeps Sprint on Short Leash

As we have all heard from [CEO Dan Hesse], our company will evolve into what can be best described as a sales-driven organizational company model.

What Sprint really needs, IMO, is to return to what it was pre-Nextel-acquisition: A more customer-driven, more innovation-driven, more disruptive, more innovative company. Instead Son is concentrating on... marketing?

T-Mobile, meanwhile, is doing what Sprint used to do, years ago, and kicking back-side.

Also...

[Son] recently called on employees to join forces with "our Japanese unit and work as a single entity," and wrote in a post on the Nikkei Asian Review that he didn't want to repeat mistakes he made when running US companies Comdex and Ziff Davis, where he let American executives run those companies at their discretion.

That previous strategy was "based on my belief that Japanese owners should not interfere too much with the U.S. executives' business management," he wrote. "That belief was wrong."
Goodbye, Sprint. Hello, Softbank.

I don't see anything good coming out of this for the U.S. wireless market. Not from a consumer perspective.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with that. He's going to take a more hands on approach. They bulit a strong td-lte network in Japan, and will do the same here.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It has shown no inclination to actually get any new, innovative direction under Softbank.

Deal hasn't even been closed six months yet.... The biggest thing Softbank brings to the table is a lot of cash... Softbank is slightly successful in Japan so I don't think they did the Sprint deal just to throw away a few billion dollars....

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Deal hasn't even been closed six months yet.... The biggest thing Softbank brings to the table is a lot of cash... Softbank is slightly successful in Japan so I don't think they did the Sprint deal just to throw away a few billion dollars....

I've gotten much improved 4g coverage since they turned on spark here in los Angeles. Even santa monica got upgrades last week by the coast.

maxjivi05

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Sprint's customer service is the worse of all companies not just wireless either. They are rude, lie, and hangup on you. T-Mobile best stay away from them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Sprint's customer service is the worse of all companies not just wireless either. They are rude, lie, and hangup on you. T-Mobile best stay away from them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have to disagree. One of the positives with Sprint lately has been their customer service. They've also been very helpful and professional when I've called them.

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I like sprints customer service never had too much of a issue out of them. They recently messed up my moms bill and pretty much credited her a full month of service her bill for February went from 185 bucks to like 7.. Also the network has greatly improved. I went from getting 5-8 with 2 up on my gs3 to getting 17-20 and 8 up currently also my nexus 5 is pulling spark speeds. sprint seems to be getting it's stuff together imo.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Its been made clear by t-mobile ceo that the ONLY WAY they will let Softbank buy them out.. is if TMOBILE is the outcome... Sprint would be converted to TMOBILE because TMOBILES brand is actually really strong right now

This would not be a SPRINT/NEXTEL hiccup either!!

The only Difference other then Spectrum Bands between the 2 carriers is Sprints CDMA!

t-mobile is HSPA+/LTE/VoLTE
Sprint is CDMA3G/LTE/VoLTE (After Network Vision Upgrades are complete)

They would simply Need to make VoLTE Devices that can run all bands in use and Convert SPRINTS CDMA Portion of the Network to GSM HSPA+

T-Mobile Sprint Merger Has Upsides, CEO Legere Says in Interview | BGR

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Its Looking like the DOJ isn't convinced.... We must also look and see if AT&T Has anything to do with this! IF AT&T Couldn't Have TMOBILE... They sure as hell are not gonna let SPRINT and TMOBILE Merge