I can't receive texts or calls??

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I can't receive texts or calls, but when I make a call to someone or to voice mail, it pulls up all the texts and voice mails??

Why.? I have upgraded the profile and prl.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Have they offered you a warranty replacement? Don't know if the device is the problem or it is in the network. To me it sounds like it is a sprint problem, try taking it into a store to find out and speak face to face with someone.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I did a resset hoping it would fix the problem but nope same thing, I can't update the profile for some reason?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you updated with the early release of 4.3? If so, I had the same problem. It took a few times of updating the profile to get everything to work properly.

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't updated to 4.3 since you have to do it manually. I'm still on 4.1 I can update profile and prl now, but when I tried calling sprint, and they were about to connect me to a real person. They said they are having system problems to check back in 2-4 hours wtf. The rest of the phones on the plan are working fine, only mine is doing this wtf. I'm probably gonna end up going to the sprint store tomorrow.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Ryan Sonner

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I see that you are using a LTE tri band Device. My friend... I have some difficult news for you. The antenna in the phone is built to only receive one signal at a time... Either data or voice. Now the phone when you are using it or it's awake, is constantly switching to check for incoming calls, or texts. Now, when the phone is not actively connected, the tower is supposed to offer a signal called Circuit Switch Fallback. This signal is carried to the device and tells it "Hey. your on Data, wake the hell up and switch to Voice ." Or vice versa. Well, if you don't have that signal, Nd phone is not trying to switch.... You either get backed up calls, or texts without notifications. I still can't get any acknowledge from customer service that this exists. It took lots of time and deduction to find this out. Also, after posting on the Sprint community forums with A explanation for this my Sprint.com account was deleted and I am not allowed to post on the website any longer. Here's my question.... Do I need a lawyer? They told me upon Purchasing my HTC One Max and dropping about 400. Dollars for the service that I would be in the second best network, 4g (dont have Spark here yet) and my phone would take fullest advantage. I now live in Fear of not receiving calls or texts when I haven't gotten any in a few hours. It's paranoia on the verge of insanity. And when I call all I'd like it's maybe the 30 for unlitmited data taken off till my area is upgraded to have said signal. Or like... Something.... Idk. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...6M4MV5raD7rvca8bg&sig2=CkKBp1bIEXGUJTfy_7IiOA.
That is a link to a PDF from Qualcomm. It even explains the "challenges" of interim networks and the high probability of service loss.

Posted via Android Central App