4G Cleveland OH.

criffaaa1

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Forgot my 4g was on after a run to st.Paul MN as I pulled into our yard near w.bank of the flats,was notified 4g was available. Cleveland rejoice there's a new King in town.LOL:D

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
ha. nice play on words. too bad the cavs are going to suck for the next 5 years, until they can win the lottery again

geekabetic

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
i've been seeing 4G on the west side since mid sept. but still no joy on the east side of town-it's (almost) enough to make me move to the west side and find a new job on that side of town - and PITTSBURGH's live?!!?!?!? *grumble*

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Cleveland 4G is still spotty, though its not official yet. I've had 4G in the downtown area by the baseball stadium since at least mid august. I think a few areas on the east side have it now (according to Sensorly) but its isolated. And it seems as though most of North Olmsted has it. But other then those areas, most of the cleveland area is still without 4G. I'm hoping that when its officially live, they will go as far south as north royalton, which is where I live. I don't see why not as its still the same county, but you never know.

ezdrive

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
OK, I just came from the Terminal Tower in Downtown Cleveland. Great 4G signal inside of the Terminal's front lobby! I visited the Observation Deck on the 42nd floor, and there was no signal in 4G and a very faint 3G signal. I guess I must have been too close to the microwave antenna on the building. But wait...there's more...I returned home to Solon and I found a weak, but usable signal. Speed test results were 4306 kbps down and 880 kbps!

ezdrive

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the observation deck is open until October 31, 2010! I believe it is open only on the weekends and you can by the $5.00 tickets online at Terminal Tower Observation Deck Tour (SUN) - Eventbrite for a $1.11 fee. Please note that this website is created for a specific day. It will say that the event have ended. Just Google Terminal Tower Observation Deck and you will see ticket reservations for next Saturday and Sunday.

ezdrive

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI, I tracked down my closest Sprint 4G tower (in Bedford, Ohio). With signal strength pegged at maximum the 4G connection speeds were still erratic (sometimes good, sometimes bad). I am assuming they are still working on the infrastructure. I received the same results in Nashville before Sprint announced 4G availability, but in Atlanta it was strong and consistent all over the City and outer suburbs.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I did several speed tests around the north olmsted area. That area seems fairly well covered. Just outside of great northern mall, I had full 4G signal (I think the antenna cluster is on top of those tall apartment buildings near the mall, so i would expect full strength where I was at) I got a steady 7.4mbps down and 1mbps up. Very good, but I actually got faster speeds before. I wonder if they tweaked the network and capped it? In the same area several weeks back, I was pushing 10mbps constantly. Now I can never get above 7.4mbps.

anyway, i went inside the mall and watched the 4G signal drop pretty fast. Not surprised since its a thick concrete structure. But then the signal got stronger. Weird i thought. Then in the middle of the mall, I had full signal. They must have a booster antenna in the mall or something. In the middle of the mall there is simply too much thick concrete for that 4G signal outside to penetrate and give me 3bars 4G strength....

Still waiting for them to push farther south into the southern suburbs of cuyahoga county. Other cities have coverage extending pretty far out of the main city. So I'm sure they will cover the south end of cuyahoga county at least.... But I dont know when. According to sensorly, they seem to be pushing more east and west right now then south. I see spots of 4G as far east as mayfield and as far west as parts of Avon. Pretty far.... But they only go as far south as I 480 save for a small area in southern parma near seven hills. I certainly hope they start building southward...I'm wanting 4G at my house!!! :p

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright. Seems like 4G is working along the route 82 area around strongsville and north royalton. Its working at my apartment, but only just barely.... I'm hoping they have yet to put in a few more towers because as it is right now, 4G signal in my 2nd story apartment is incredibly weak. Stepping outside does not help it much. I lose signal in some areas of my apartment, and where I do have it, its barely faster then my (strong) 3G connection. 1.3mbps versus 1.1mbps. Except the upload is far slower at 64kbps versus 900kbps. Since my apartment is right next to the interstate (ohio turnpike, I-80) I had assumed I would get a good 4G signal. They normally blanket interstate areas. Maybe I will yet, but for now, 4G at my apartment is a bust. I'll keep checking. I got a feeling there are still some towers to be turned on yet....

jh057

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I got 4g coverage in Mentor this past weekend. Strong signal around the mall area and all the way up to Rt 615.

For those getting 4g signal, PLEASE consider the Sensorly Map Viewer app in the app store. When you run it, it datalogs your position and the coverage you are getting. Help others by filling out the map in your area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol