Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I left sprint 3 years ago and of course I was screwed by people who were on my account and never paid up so it ended up in collections.

I currently have Verizon considering returning to Sprint just I don't have to worry about constantly checking my data usage. It's so expensive to jump to the next data plan up then having to monitor my data usage as I share photos and stream music.

My question is would Sprint let me have an account again? Figure I would ask here before calling them to find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be a problem but you might have to pay up and probably put a deposit

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Has the account ever been paid off after it was in collections?

No, because they wanted like $800 and the people who were on my account also didn't bother to pitch as they also didn't pay the month prior of my leaving them and I couldn't come up with any.

I asked if I could make up a payment plan. Sprint wasn't any help either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
If the account is in your name and it still has an outstanding debt then I highly doubt they will let you start another account. I once has a $10 underpayment (that I honestly didn't know about) on an old account and they wouldn't let me start a new one until it was paid.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If the account is in your name and it still has an outstanding debt then I highly doubt they will let you start another account. I once has a $10 underpayment (that I honestly didn't know about) on an old account and they wouldn't let me start a new one until it was paid.

This. If your name was tied to the account and you have a debt you never paid them.. They aren't going to let you start new service till you pay that debt.

After that maybe.. But definitely with big deposits and paying for months before you use them.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for your responses. I decided to stick with Verizon even though it's little expensive and data limits but service is way better with big red than Sprint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae