HOW: Upgrade from S4 sph-l720 to S4 Triband/spark sph-l720t

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Like many, I know, I am having problems with my Sprint service at my house... So instead of complaining here on the forum like I feel like doing, I am trying to find a work-around... I have four SPH-L720 phones.

My problem: I cannot use my Sprint phone at home...

There are two issues:

1. I am in a weak / marginal signal area for Sprint
2. In some parts of my house (basement, one side of the house, certain bedrooms) the weak signal is made worse...

I was excited by the announcement of WiFi calling but am disappointed to see that nothing has been done to include my devices ( SPH-L720 ). Galaxy S4 mini... yep... Galaxy S4 Triband/spark... yep...

What are my options? Femtocell like Airave? With a weak signal outside of my house, will that help? Enable WiFi calling? My device doesn't seem to be supported ... Upgrade to the better Galaxy S4 that is Spark compatible and apparently does have the Wifi calling feature?

Is Wifi calling even ever coming to my device?

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest contacting Sprint to let them know you are having issues with the signal at your house. In many cases they will offer an Airave with no monthly fee. The Airave will use your home internet connection to create a cell tower within your household. The ability to create this cell tower is not dependent on the strength of the outside Sprint signal.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech