Chicago Suburb Spark Coverage

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed that according to Sprint's website Spark covers my area and the area that I work in, I live in a Western suburb and work near O'Hare, can anyone say what the actual coverage is like in those areas?

Also, what is the building penetration like for Spark? LTE really sucks inside larger buildings, is Spark any better?

Thanks!

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed that according to Sprint's website Spark covers my area and the area that I work in, I live in a Western suburb and work near O'Hare, can anyone say what the actual coverage is like in those areas?

Also, what is the building penetration like for Spark? LTE really sucks inside larger buildings, is Spark any better?

Thanks!

Install sensory from the play store. Breaks it down for you

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!

Install sensory from the play store. Breaks it down for you

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

This. Sensorly.com is a good site for actual coverage.. Or at least way better than the carriers coverage map.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

I had Sprint Spark a few months ago. I might live by you, (I live over in Bloomingdale.)

I don't know what was with Sprint, but it wasn't fun.

Often times, I had signal, it just wouldn't "connect." This was true on my commute on the metra milwaukee west line and in downtown. I believe ATT upgraded their networks on all the lines on metra, whereas with sprint, I had trouble even loading a webpage.

In the end, I switched to t-mobile. Commuting on a train just isn't fun without a phone that doesn't work.

Can't comment on building penetration as I hardly go inside thick walled buildings, but I will say that I never had signal with sprint in my basement, yet I get full bars with tmobile.

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The 800mhz LTE which gives good in building coverage is being found all over Chicago and the burbs these days. It will take a few months to optimize it, but it already makes a big difference. I've gotten it in several indoor locations where the normal 1900mhz LTE drops out. Speeds are good, but top out around 35mbs in even the best cases.

If you're talking about the high capacity 2.5ghz LTE when you say spark, then it is more spotty, but will keep becoming more common. It will also never be as good at building penetration, so don't expect it indoors unless you're fairly close to a tower. I've found it lots of places already, but by no means is it everywhere yet.

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I live out in the westerns 'burbs as well (Oak Park area) and for the most part it's pretty decent. I get anywhere from 10mbps to 25mbps, there are a few areas that aren't great but I'm hoping it will get better. I have a G2 with Spark and it's definitely has helped.

As for indoor coverage, it's kind of hit and miss. At home or work it's OK, but more times than not whenever I'm in a store or restaurant the signal switches back to 3G and it's basically unusable. Sprint really needs to address this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz