Total Equipment Protection (TEP)

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone want to give me a little run down how TEP works? I just got a brand new Evo and I'm considering adding it.

If I get a crack on my screen, I've been reading that the stores can repair them. Will they be same day repairs though? I don't want to walk around a week without a phone if this happens.

What do they do about other damage (not the screen)? If it is say the 'frame' of the phone and it is chipped off. Can they repair that?

If I lose my phone or gets stolen, will they immediately replace my phone with a NEW one for a $100 deductible? Or will it be refurbished?

Last edited:

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
the crack in the screen is repairable within the authorized service center if they have the right parts, there are 2 versions of the evo LCD/digitizer out there.

It would be repaired within the day, a chip on the case doesn't affect the phone's function at all, that would be considered cosmetic damage, depending on the store they may or may not replace that

If you phone gets lost or stolen you have to file a claim with asurion,they will replace it with a refurbished phone(you lost your used phone, why would they give you a brand new one?) usually you will have your phone the next day, if you file on friday you'll have to pay an extra $20 to have it delivered on saturday if you need it immediatally.

TEP takes care of most phyiscal damage, as long as there is no board damage and the phone is in less than 3 pieces.

Reactions: SylarDX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC