Hero Update Question

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I realize that there won't ever be an official update for the HTC Hero, but what is that makes the original Droid capable of receiving Froyo, since it was announced on the main page of the androidcentral site? I thought this phone had reached end of life. How many more updates is the original Droid going to get?

Ever since Froyo was announced, the answer I got from Sprint as to why the Hero wouldn't get it is "Google hasn't released it." When I talked to HTC, they said "The mobile carrier releases the update." Basically, the phone came out in late 2009 and I got the phone in January, and it seems that it was just "abandoned" as far as future updates.

I'm now considering the Epic, but I don't want to get caugh up in the same situation as I did with the Hero.

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
the hero doesn't work well with eclair on it, what makes you think it'll run better with froyo?

but in all honesty, the hero is at the end of its life cycle, i see less and less of them every day, would you keep updating something that you don't sell many of anymore?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance