Should I root or wait?

Ivan Wagstaff

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Should I root or wait

I am wanting to root my phone and go through the whole business of the cyanogenmod to get Android 5.0 on my GS4.
I have been doing research and read that installing the different recovery WILL trip the Knox counter. Which I am aware will void warranties and what not.I am not too worried because I have a crack in the screen I'm not going to get fixed. It doesn't bother me really.
This is the real question. I am due for a phone upgrade in April, and I am an impatient person when it comes to a new OS. If I go through the root and trip the Knox, will that come back to haunt me later, after I give the phone back.
Or should I just cool it and wait for my upgrade.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I root or wait

I would suggest this: wait for your upgrade, and then use the GS4 as a guinea pig. While you are waiting, use the time to read, study, watch videos, anything you can in regard to rooting/ROMs.

When you decide to take the plunge, I can try to help as much as I can (my knowledge is becoming dated with Sammies).

If there is one thing to always remember, when you root and install a custom recovery (TWRP, CWM, etc) make a Nandroid backup before doing anything else.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Should I root or wait

The last time I rooted and installed a custom recovery, on a GS4, I downloaded an app called TRIANGLE AWAY and reset the counter to zero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance