Sprint 4g rollout

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there a master list or plan to when Sprint is rolling out 4G services. I leave in Memphis and have been told that we are getting it in January. I travel around the city a lot and have yet to get a 4g signal. One would assume that if it is going to be turned on in January that there would be some testing going on.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
As for as I've heard - Sprint is working aggressively to bring 4g coverage to all their prospective customers.

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
If you search online you might find some information. I live between Los Angeles and San Diego (both have 4g). I went into the sprint store and asked them a couple weeks ago they said I should have it within a couple months.

If you want a for sure answer, pop into your local sprint store and ask.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't rely on your Sprint Store for a for sure answer. I don't think they even know. My Sprint Store told me by the end of the year when I bought my phone at launch. I didn't believe them so now I'm not let down since we still don't have it.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah back when I still had my Pre I was told by an employee at a Sprint store that I was thinking about picking up an Evo to which they pointed out that our area should be getting 4G service "Early next year." I have since picked up an Evo but I'm honestly not holding my breath for 4G service in my area anyime soon... although it would be nice.

zak

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly Sprint was going to have 4g in Phoenix by the end of this year. Apparently they were waiting to Verizon and T-Mobile to get their 4g up in the area before bringing "the first 4g network" here

Radman96

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I would say it should be pretty soon because I have seen posts where people are getting 4G signal in the north phoenix area. I guess they are in a testing phase right now. I will let you know soon because I ordered my EVO today online from Radio Shack for $99 bucks. So I will update soon!

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
They were testing 4G in north Phoenix between 19th ave and 7th st from union hills and bell rd. I tried it and received a poor signal and lower download speeds then I was getting on 3G in the same spot.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here anything for 4G in South Carolina? Getting an EVO and hate paying a $10 fee that I'll hardly ever use.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Intercept (Android 2.2) using Tapatalk.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Parts of Alabama and Georgia are up eg Valdosta Ga, Selma Al, and other small towns. Ft Walton Beach Fl is up also, all of this and more can be found on clear.com.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here anything for 4G in South Carolina? Getting an EVO and hate paying a $10 fee that I'll hardly ever use.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Intercept (Android 2.2) using Tapatalk.

Every smart phone user now pays the extra $10 a month for data. Only 4G phones paying the extra $10 a month is something of the past.

Last edited:

w9awx

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't believe it until it is actually there. They have been promising Milwaukee, WI 4g for over a year and we are still waiting. And with Sprint now switching over to LTE, figure its going to be even more of a wait. Not holding my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34