LG G3 Unlocking For Another Carrier?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
So I can't seem to use the phone on Sprint unless I drive 3 hours to the nearest Sprint Store so they could try to register the phone and activate it in the store. (Because I won it from Android Central and I don't know how they purchased it. Online, In Store, Etc.) I know they paid in full for it so its paid off and mine completely. And I wanted to use it on Sprint next year. But if I unlocked it would I loose bands, such as Spark(b41), (b25), (b26), since this is a Trip Band LG G3. And if unlocked could I still bring it back to Sprint next year with full compatibility? I want to unlock it and use it this year on Straight Talk using there BYOP kit using an AT&T Sim Card. But they run on GSM for 2G, 3G, H+(4G), 4G LTE. So if activated what would I get as max speed LTE, H+? Or is it fully compatible with the AT&T Network when unlocked? Would I need an unlock code for the phone? If I do what site do you suggest to use? I asked Sprint for the unlock code, but they gave me a MSL Code. Is that the unlock code? Or do I have to use a website you suggest to get the unlock code for the phone? Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!!!! I really want this LG G3 turned on so I can use it as my main phone. I'm ready to give my Motorola Moto G (1st gen.) a much needed break. I included screenshots of info if it'll help you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 17996.jpg
    17996.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 17997.jpg
    17997.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 17999.jpg
    17999.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 17

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sprint rarely unlocks for domestic usage. I had to go through the ringer with them and they still wouldn't unlock it.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Sprint rarely unlocks for domestic usage. I had to go through the ringer with them and they still wouldn't unlock it.

So what's the MSL code for? And I couldn't unlock it with a unlock code from a unlock website? I just want to use it on Straight Talk with there BYOP AT&T Sim Kit. If I can't then I basically have a WiFi only device till next year.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So what's the MSL code for? And I couldn't unlock it with a unlock code from a unlock website? I just want to use it on Straight Talk with there BYOP AT&T Sim Kit. If I can't then I basically have a WiFi only device till next year.

There are unlock codes and if you can get it from another reliable source you should be okay. Sprint themselves usually are a pain to get that code from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid