will 4g improve?

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago and get 1 bar of 4g. Are there plans to improve 4g in my area or any other areas? Will my signal eventually improve? I'm not complaining but a little bit better signal would be great!

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Since Chicago is one of their officially announced cities that have 4G coverage, my guess is that they probably won't hurry to improve their 4G coverage there, as they are more focused on getting more metropolitan areas covered.

That's not to say that they won't improve in your area, just that I'd expect a much slower build-out.

Of course, I'm not at all "in-the-know" with regards to the wireless industry, so I could be completely wrong.

Reactions: enzie5454

donnie623

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Patience

It takes time, money, and man power to build out a network nationwide. Im not saying youre complaining, but many people on here do. They expect 4G to be everywhere without understanding the resources it takes behind the scenes to make it happen. Of course over time the coverage will blanket most populated areas. The $10 fee complainers are probably the worst, its just an example of people not understanding how business and services work. Even with the fee Sprint is still one of the most valued networks out there. I live 2 miles outside a 4G area...really sucks haha. Im just happy to be with a carrier that actually offers 4G and has some of the most advanced phones on the market. Verizon & AT&T are so far behind in this area but their marketing will make you think their coverage works on Jupiter and people buy into it. Hopefully Chi-town signal will get stronger for ya.

Reactions: enzie5454

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't mind paying the fee...my bill was almost twice as expensive on Verizon and I only had a 1000 minutes with 1000 texts no data. 4g is fine for me where I live too but improvements are always welcome.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I considerer myself extremely lucky to have been in a 4g area since launch date......and I have noticed an gradual increase in the signal since June....I'm sure ur signal will increasee as more and more towers are added....try update ur PRL often to better ur signal areas

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
To sum it up, don't count on it. It will always be useless with such a drastic battery drain. T-Mobile's HSPA is really where it's at.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If the technology is kept in service then yes the service will increase significantly. Lets hope it doesnt go the way of MediaFlo. LOL It was up for several years and now its up for sale or will be brought down.

bholston

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I live in the Chicago area (far north suburbs; no 4G) and hopefully they will increase their coverage. I did use it when I was in the city and it was VERY impressive. I would like to have it available for when I wanted to use it.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I live out in the "country" about a 10 minute drive from extreme downtown/the Capitol and I am guessing that I will never experience 4G ever where I live, probably only when i'm working and in the "city." Am I correct to guess that 4G will only ever be in cities?

I get full on 4-bars 3G at home.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I live out in the "country" about a 10 minute drive from extreme downtown/the Capitol and I am guessing that I will never experience 4G ever where I live, probably only when i'm working and in the "city." Am I correct to guess that 4G will only ever be in cities?

I get full on 4-bars 3G at home.

It will spread out eventually. Just like 3G did. It just takes time.