2 things i found different from att - help

the4ork

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
So i cut my bill in half and went from a mega 6.3 to a note 4 on sprint. Ive noticed if i take a phone call it disables data. So i cant put my phone on speaker and look things up online. Very annoying. Is it a carrier issue or is it the phone? Att has been able to do this for as far as i can remember, i was with them for 10 years. I find it hard to believe a flagship phone like the note cant do it...

The 2nd thing i noticed is the service is crap at home but no biggie i have wifi. I can make wifi calls which is nice. But why dont the txt messages send over wifi out of the box? My att phone did this. I have to pace around the house to get a strong enough signal to send a txt. Frustrating!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You would need to have volte enabled and in an area with volte deployed in order to get simultaneous voice and data on the sprint note 4. On att, before volte, the connection would drop to hspa+ to get simultaneous voice and data. Sprint doesn't have a hspa+ network and sprint's 3g network is not capable of simultaneous voice and data.

Of note sprint could have chosen to have two cellular paths, one for voice and one for data but they chose not to.

Are you using the sprint messages plus app, or the regular messages app? The sprint messages plus app I believe can send it over wifi, but not the regular messages app

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Spark LTE phones cannot do Sim voice and data. The Note 3 could Note 4 can not.

Try Hello sms

Sent from my SM-N910T

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
And if service is that bad that you can't send a simple text, then you should call Sprint and ask for a signal booster for your house. It should improve your signal all around the house depending on how big of a radius it has to cover. And I believe it uses your WiFi network. I can't exactly remember. And is Sprint service only bad at your house, or is it anywhere else? And if you can't solve the problem would you be willing to go back to AT&T, Verizon, or maybe T-Mobile depending on what type of coverage in your area you have, and how much coverage matters to you. I hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

the4ork

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I only get bad signal when im near my wifi router. The farther i get from my wifi router the more consistant my sprint service works.could just be coincidence. Signal is solid everywhere else. Slightly better than ATT was particularly bc i get LTE at work and could only get 3g on att.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. Maybe it's just your WiFi router interfering with you phones modem??? Never heard of that before. But that's good you get better signal.

Posted via the Android Central App

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
You would need to have volte enabled and in an area with volte deployed in order to get simultaneous voice and data on the sprint note 4. On att, before volte, the connection would drop to hspa+ to get simultaneous voice and data. Sprint doesn't have a hspa+ network and sprint's 3g network is not capable of simultaneous voice and data.

Of note sprint could have chosen to have two cellular paths, one for voice and one for data but they chose not to.

Are you using the sprint messages plus app, or the regular messages app? The sprint messages plus app I believe can send it over wifi, but not the regular messages app

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

It isn't the dual lte chips that are the issue. It's sprint's spark network won't let the phone. Even if they have the extra chip

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It isn't the dual lte chips that are the issue. It's sprint's spark network won't let the phone. Even if they have the extra chip

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

Actually if they had two chips (one for LTE data and one for voice) it would work -- Once Spark goes VoLTE it will work with 1 chip.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
From my understanding because it used 3 bands of LTE, even with the second chip it wouldn't work. Which as why the didn't add it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power