still not receiving txt msgs.

poppo

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I signed the contract on the 1st of January and took home a bb style 9670.
Thought I was hot sh!t for awhile being that nobody I seen in public had the style.

Then I noticed that the ppl that I'd txt wouldn't send me a txt back. Confused, I decided to call the contact and see what was up. But come to find out that she sent me a few txt msgs and so did the other ppl.

I called sprint to see what I could do to resolve this issue. After an hour of changing a bunch of numbers, updating profile and the like the rep just told me to go back to where I bought the phone and swap it for a new one. I did so. But still couldn't receive txt msgs.

Finally on the 29th of January I call sprint again explain to them how frustrated I am about the issue (not to mention that I was really unhappy with the 9670's performance) they ask me if I just wanted to switch to a new different phone. I chose the evo 4g and paid the difference.

And still the problem persists. I'm unable to receive txt/pic msgs.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

-poppo

Triple Threat

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
PM me your cell number or account number and I can see if there are any blocks on your account

*edit*
I forgot to ask, was this a new line of service on Jan 1? If so has your phone made the "welcome call" to customer Care? most times texting won't work till then

Last edited:

poppo

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
PM me your cell number or account number and I can see if there are any blocks on your account

*edit*
I forgot to ask, was this a new line of service on Jan 1? If so has your phone made the "welcome call" to customer Care? most times texting won't work till then

Yea, this was a new line of service on the 1st of Jan.
My first outgoing call directed me to the welcome to sprint overview of my contract. And then I was able to make calls.

The first txt I received was a noreply txt from sprint that was cut off in the middle of the second sentence.

[check your pm's, tripple threat]

poppo

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Being that it seems that nobody has a solution to this problem. Will rooting the device work in any way? Should I just demand a credit from sprint? Am I the only person who has this issue with the evo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2