Where Can I Get Nano SIMs?

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you need sim cards for Sprint, you can visit a Sprint Repair store to get the correct sim card for the phones or calling and just tell the rep that you need to order a sim card. That should get you connected to the proper dept to order the sim cards for your devices. Just make sure that the rep that orders the sim card sends you the correct one for your phones, there are different model sim cards and if they send the wrong one, it will not activate the phone and you will have to have the correct one sent to replace it.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you need sim cards for Sprint, you can visit a Sprint Repair store to get the correct sim card for the phones or calling and just tell the rep that you need to order a sim card. That should get you connected to the proper dept to order the sim cards for your devices. Just make sure that the rep that orders the sim card sends you the correct one for your phones, there are different model sim cards and if they send the wrong one, it will not activate the phone and you will have to have the correct one sent to replace it.

I've had 0 luck to date getting Sprint (corporate store) to have even the slightest clue about phones not purchased through Sprint. Do you have the number I can call to get someone knowledgeable on the topic so I can get cards sent to me?

Conversely, would this work?

Thanks!

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually in a similar situation and wondering how it will work for me.

I just bought my moto x pure and I currently have a Nexus 5. I'm wondering if I can just pop the Sim out of my nexus and be good to go or if they are different sized Sims.

Edit: nevermind, I just looked and saw the Nexus uses micro instead of nano. Guess I need to go by the sprint store and pick one up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually in a similar situation and wondering how it will work for me.

I just bought my moto x pure and I currently have a Nexus 5. I'm wondering if I can just pop the Sim out of my nexus and be good to go or if they are different sized Sims.

Edit: nevermind, I just looked and saw the Nexus uses micro instead of nano. Guess I need to go by the sprint store and pick one up.

Good luck! If there's some trick to "picking one up" that you're aware of, I'd love to know it. When I took my Nexus 6 to be activated they tried to tell me they didn't even sell Nexus 6es when there was a display unit 30 feet from the desk we were at and the only reason I got a nano SIM that day was because someone had returned a Nexus 6.

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The sprint store down the road from me is generally nice and knowledgeable, so I'm hoping for the best. They are not corporate, either.

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Update: I went to my local sprint store and they didn't know what Sim to use, so they told me to call customer support. I went online and used the chat support and they sent me the Sim for free. The rep said it was the correct one and I would have no issues when I activate the phone.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Update: I went to my local sprint store and they didn't know what Sim to use, so they told me to call customer support. I went online and used the chat support and they sent me the Sim for free. The rep said it was the correct one and I would have no issues when I activate the phone.

I will give this a try, thanks for letting me know.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I can confirm the same experience going through online chat support. Here's to hoping the two SIM cards they're sending me free of charge are nano when they show up!! :-D

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had 0 luck to date getting Sprint (corporate store) to have even the slightest clue about phones not purchased through Sprint. Do you have the number I can call to get someone knowledgeable on the topic so I can get cards sent to me?

Conversely, would this work?

Thanks!
Stores are hit and miss unfortunately, try calling in and getting connected to Order Support, they can ship you a sim card, no charge.

chapy008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If what Sprint sends you doesn't work. Go to a Best Buy Mobile store and ask for the following SIM:

Part: SIMGLW446C
SKU: CZ2144LWC
UPC: 019962040146

It costs $10 but it works. Also, they can call Sprint and get the IMEI uploaded into the system. I just got finished going round and round with Sprint for the better part of a week and went to Best Buy out of frustration and desperation (Sprint sent me the wrong SIM then told me they don't have a SIM that would work in their warehouse). 15 minutes later I had a MXPE that worked on Sprint.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Customer Care through phone and chat can send a sim for free. We do have some SIM cards in store, but many times we don't have the correct ones.

As you can imagine, we don't have people purchasing phones through a 3rd party very often.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21