Should I switch to Sprint?

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Blackberry 9700 on AT&T. AT&T is so high priced with their data plans. If I go to Sprint I would get the EVO in white. :D But I'm kind of afraid to make the switch. :confused:

disccop75

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Do it! Metro PCS is better than AT&T! Its like talking to a 10 yr old when calling cust. service.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Do it! Metro PCS is better than AT&T! Its like talking to a 10 yr old when calling cust. service.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LMAO That is true. Something so simple takes forever to get resolved with AT&T. :confused: I'm gonna see what phone Sprint is going to reveal tomorrow.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was just going to say that....wait first to see what they are going to reveal tomorrow.

I think you're golden, because, if you're in a area that according to Sprints coverage area is in a good area and you for some reason have bad reception at your house, you can call them and ask for an Airave, a little device that hooks up to your DSL or Cable modem and basically creates a little Sprint tower in your house.

Either way, I have been with them for as long as I can remember and wouldn't consider switching. After all, when you're out and about and you have to roam, you'll be doing that on Verizon towers.

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have pretty good sprint coverage according to their coverage map.

Coverage maps are just best guesses. Never rely solely on a coverage map. They're the beginning of research. You should talk to friends, coworkers or family members that have Sprint in your area and get their opinions of the service. Alternatively, you could test drive the service with their 30 day risk free guarantee.

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I was just going to say that....wait first to see what they are going to reveal tomorrow.

I think you're golden, because, if you're in a area that according to Sprints coverage area is in a good area and you for some reason have bad reception at your house, you can call them and ask for an Airave, a little device that hooks up to your DSL or Cable modem and basically creates a little Sprint tower in your house.

Either way, I have been with them for as long as I can remember and wouldn't consider switching. After all, when you're out and about and you have to roam, you'll be doing that on Verizon towers.

Not necessarily, they usually like MetroPCS or other smaller providers first because it is cheaper for them to roam on those towers.

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
OMG I'm so nervous! I'm a little bit afraid. Sprint would be something new. I can upgrade on AT&T in April but they are expensive. I would get the EVO and leave the Blackberry behind. I've been with AT&T for 3 years. I went with them because of the iPhone but now after all of that I no longer have the iPhone anymore.

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Make the jump...Sprint has revamped their customer service and its alot better than it has been in the past...plus I don't think the evo will die anytime soon...the dev will not allow it

Life is about EVOlution

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
We switched over from Verizon and not looking back. We too paid a lot of money for voice and texts limited to 1000. For less money now we get Unlimited pretty much everything. We were nervous about the reception change but they have been the same reception wise. Plus the evo is a beast.

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
+1 for checking the coverage during your 30days AND checking the phone.. best advice I can give (just switched from bb to evo shift) is USE the crap outta your 30 days.. over use the phone, coverage, etc. to see if it works for you, if it doesn't then hand it back and say no thanks, but give it a fair shake, I tried a hero at one point, had it for two days and switched back, didn't give it a fair chance.

From my experience is when Sprint is good, their GREAT, and when they are bad, it's HORRIBLE, but they have never failed to make it right some how, so that's why I stay with them.

ccontard

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I would do it. I've been with Sprint for 11 years, and they've improved a LOT since then. I've had very few issues with customer service over the years. I've been lucky, but they have also made incredible efforts to improve in this area.

Yes, the EVO is outstanding (upgraded to mine in Dec. after 18 months with a Pre).

If you don't mind my asking, in what general area do you live (i.e. what's the major town/city)? I ask because while your house and immediate area may be good for coverage, I have to assume you have a life, so you'll be out and about. For example, I'm in the Denver area and Sprint's coverage over the whole metro area is generally excellent in my experience. Other places I've visited can be more spotty. I do agree that asking around and doing your own test drive is the best way to judge, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance