Purchasing online from RadioShack?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone purchased a Sprint phone online from RadioShack?

Just curious how the activation process works. Obviously it is not activated until received, but do you need to call Sprint, can it be done online?

Thanks in advance!!

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Radioshack.com is selluing the Evo shift for $99 and the EVO for $149 this week online for renewals. I printed their ad and went to Best Buy a few nhours ago and got an EVO. Sure beats waiting for the mail and doing things over the phone.

I strongly believe many Radio Shacks and even Best Buy will match Radio Shack online prices.

Heroevo

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Evo at the begining of Feb from Radio Shack online. I went ahead and did the next day air. Ordered on Thursday night and got it Friday morning.

The only thing I did not like about it was the activation. Once you receive the phone there is a piece of paper that tells you to call Radio Shack to acitivate the phone. I waited on the line and finally got through only to be told that my phone was pre activated and that it could be upto 12 hours before it was activated and to be able to be used. I called around 12:30pm and noticed that my old phone (hero) was not working somewhere around 6:30pm. So about 6 hours it took. Also they tell you not to turn on your new phone until your old phone stops working.

Maybe it was just me and having a new (Toy) to play with but I did not understand why it took so long for activation if I can go out to Radio Shack and buy a phone and walk out less than a hour hour with a New working phone. BUT for the $50 savings I would do it again.

coolguy27

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Radioshack.com is selluing the Evo shift for $99 and the EVO for $149 this week online for renewals. I printed their ad and went to Best Buy a few nhours ago and got an EVO. Sure beats waiting for the mail and doing things over the phone.

I strongly believe many Radio Shacks and even Best Buy will match Radio Shack online prices.

Did Best Buy charge you for tax? If you purchased online through radioshack, no tax. I'm thinking about getting the epic through RS for $149. They don't have that deal for the evo's anymore.

Last edited:

mtbykr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It's been a couple years, but I had a terrible experience with Radioshack online. Order came in fine (2 blackberries) but had a terrible time activating it....had problems and it was all automated with nobody to talk to. Radio Shack couldn't help me, sprint couldn't help me, ect.... Finally the sprint store got it squared away. I will never do that again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084