So, we have Verizon. We have two lines and pay $160 a month. I saw these commercials and thought that meant they could take our bill total and we should be able to pay half if we switched. I called sprint, uploaded our bill and they offered me a deal to sign up for sprint for $120. I told the lady that's not half of $160. She said to me I'm understanding the commercial wrong. They never say in the commercials they will actually take your bill and offer you half of what you're paying now. They will just cut your bill in half. So the best they could offer me was $120. I didn't switch. Sprints network sucks. I wouldve switched for $80, but not to only save $40 a month.

But still I see these commercials and I keep trying to figure out what I'm not seeing.. Does everyone else just understand what they're saying and my original misconception they will actually cut your bill total in half just a way off misunderstanding of what they are trying to say?
    12-10-2015 09:58 PM
    What you're failing to understand is that they will cut your RATE PLAN in half. So, if your rate plan is $100 a month, with Sprint you will pay $50 a month.... Now, just like Verizon, you pay ur phone installments (without contract), that's separate. So lets say $25 for 2 phones, that's $50 more. Remember, phone payments are a separate charge from you actual plan. That's why I love contracts and still have one. I save over $150 a month than if I was to switch to phone payments and no contracts.
    12-10-2015 10:08 PM
    I don't have any installment payment plans. My $160 a month is line fees only.
    12-10-2015 10:11 PM
    Be honest, since calling I switched from Verizon to Cricket. They lowered my per line fee from $80 to $35. So far im happy with them. Not quite 100% as reliable and fast as Verizon, but decent and saving $90 a month
    12-10-2015 10:15 PM
    I was paying 127 for Verizon 1 line i m paying 97 amonth with Sprint that is including phone and insurance to me about 30$ was worth it not the best services in the world oh and they have me 12gigs instead of the 10 I had at Verizon and its good in my area so its a good deal plus they gave me 200$ in accessories lol not bad

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-14-2015 06:16 PM
    Problem is that's not half. Be honest, I wouldn't switch to sprint to save only $30. I had sprint about 8 hears ago. It was terrible. Dropped phone calls constantly.
    12-14-2015 06:32 PM
    Problem is that's not half. Be honest, I wouldn't switch to sprint to save only $30. I had sprint about 8 hears ago. It was terrible. Dropped phone calls constantly.
    As with any other promotion (for any company) there is always fine print at the bottom. They are simply talking half off your bill for the service only -- not phone payments or anything else.
    12-14-2015 06:44 PM
    Again.... I didn't make phone payments. That's the Verizon edge program. I wasnt on the edge program. I had a 2 year contract. I ended up paying for the phone in the $700 contract cancellation fee
    12-14-2015 07:20 PM
    Again.... I didn't make phone payments. That's the Verizon edge program. I wasnt on the edge program. I had a 2 year contract. I ended up paying for the phone in the $700 contract cancellation fee
    Sprint should have paid the ETF for you.
    12-14-2015 08:08 PM
    Yeah sprint would have. But they were almost the same price monthly. With cricket, my monthly bill is less than half of Verizon. I created a spreadsheet and calculated how much it will cost to finish out the contract for two lines vs cancelling both lines, pay $700 cancel fees then only $70 for both lines going forward, by the end of the contract, I'll be ahead $1000.
    12-14-2015 08:12 PM
    For your are no it wouldn't be worth it but as for me I had Sprint when it was bad I also had T-Mobile when it was bad and good.. For me 30$ a month for the same service where I live and more data was for me worth it.. But obviously for you in your area its not, I had dropped calls and not so good data speeds with Verizon so yea.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-16-2015 06:23 PM