What is the next step up for me?

saoyandide

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I got an OPtimus S from sprint my first android device. I however and having major trouble with adapting to the small on screen keyboard and have tried a few alternative ones with little luck. Also I think it moves a little sluggish it takes about 10 seconds to go from normal to landscape view. I would like to have an actual keyboard and if possible larger screen. I wanted to know what my least expensive option might be. Most reviews I have read about other lower end android devices seem to sound as if they would be slower then my Optimus.However I was wondering it the intercept is now as fast or better then the Optimus since it comes with 2.2 installed on it? Most reviews I am seeing for it are for it when it had 2.1 only. I am trying to avoid teh urge to go back to black berry because I know teh android OS is just so much more awesome. Thanks again guys for the help!!!

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Since you're going to get popped with a $10 fee no matter what phone you switch to (If it's a smartphone), I'd suggest goingto one of the higher end phones. That means, at the moment, either the EVO, EVO Shift, or the Epic. Next week, though more phones are being announced, and you might want to wait for them. That being said, the Shift is a great phone, is VERY quick, and isn't TOO big, yet has a built in keyboard. The EVO is the rockstar, and the Epic is a very solid phone, and has the best graphics processor if you're into gaming. 2.2 is sorta out for the Epic, and is out for the other 2. Go do some research here, on SDX developers, and on XDA Developers, and maybe Phandroid, and you'll get more info on all of this than you can handle.

Reactions: saoyandide

saoyandide

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks , I think I will wait and see if there is going to be a price e drop on any of the current higher end androids when the new ones come out next week. I must say that I noticed a significant increase in speed on here after uninstalling a theams manager admitted or something along those lines /@//