Your general thoughts on service at Sprint?

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Update on my service still excellent. Even added a fourth line to my account with the T-Mobile 50% off plan it is ridiculously cheap also. I feel like I get great service even better than I had with T-Mobile when I use them. Not quite as good as Verizon but they're Verizon roaming more than makes up for it even though I only need it like once every month or year. I think I'm only running on two Verizon like twice ever. Very happy with Sprint but if something different comes along I guess I will switch and take it as it is all about what service offers you what you need where you need it for the lowest price but Sprint has been more than good to me they have helped me anytime anything has come up and been more than generous and credits and exedra.

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Support has been pretty decent. I have no significant complaints. For me, being a Sprint customer comes down to a balance. They have the best unlimited plans for the lowest price ... but it surely would be nice to be able to buy whatever phone I want and just have it work on their network. Wander outside of the made-for-Sprint Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC group and your phone is almost guaranteed to not work on Sprint. Coverage can be spotty at times, but that's every carrier.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
And yet like you said to me all the carriers seem to have sort of the same service. Honestly I could care less whether I have service or not when I'm traveling just as long as it works but I need it to and emergencies and I know that Sprint will always work even if it's just Verizon roaming but usually I have a pretty good signal however I'm not going to have a meltdown if I can't get on Facebook.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And yet like you said to me all the carriers seem to have sort of the same service. Honestly I could care less whether I have service or not when I'm traveling just as long as it works but I need it to and emergencies and I know that Sprint will always work even if it's just Verizon roaming but usually I have a pretty good signal however I'm not going to have a meltdown if I can't get on Facebook.
That's where I differ.. why pay Sprint the money for times where I can't access things when I can pay someone else and always have access ? I just can't pay for something that doesn't work.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been on Verizon for 10+ years and I know their network is the fastest but I don't necessarily need to able to download an app at 90mb/sec. Reliability and cost are moving towards the top of my list. I live in a suburb of Atlanta so expect most carriers to have good service but would prefer to hear from users of Sprint if you have a minute. Sprint has a great deal right now that would lower my total cost but $40-50 including new phones. If I skipped the new phones the savings would be even greater.

Thanks very much for your input!

are you still liking it?

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Well remember I have four lines. Also I hate unlimited data it's so dumb. I don't use it so why should I pay for it. My bill cycle restarted on the 7th and I have used 457 MB of data. My Wi-Fi restarted on the 1st in my app that tells me how much data I use says I've used 5.87 GB of Wi-Fi data so I'm not a heavy data user. I'm very conservative

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well remember I have four lines. Also I hate unlimited data it's so dumb. I don't use it so why should I pay for it. My bill cycle restarted on the 7th and I have used 457 MB of data. My Wi-Fi restarted on the 1st in my app that tells me how much data I use says I've used 5.87 GB of Wi-Fi data so I'm not a heavy data user. I'm very conservative

Yeah I have 9 lines. I have family/friends so they pay their portion of the bill and I pay mine... so therefore I still get unlimited data and pay less then you on Verizon. I don't see how I have any negatives to be honest.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Mine is just family so technically you should not let everyone that has one or once one have it as a company loses money that way. And nothing about Verizon is cheap. But if you want to spread and you would have a really cheap deal. Every penny counts

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine is just family so technically you should not let everyone that has one or once one have it as a company loses money that way. And nothing about Verizon is cheap. But if you want to spread and you would have a really cheap deal. Every penny counts
I don't understand your comment. Are you saying I'm causing them to lose money by using the plans they offer at the prices they set?

Also .. again.. my line is 31-33 dollars a month. Care to explain how that isn't cheap? I don't see how having postpaid unlimited data via Verizon at 31-33 dollars a month is expensive.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
No that is cheap but the only reason is cheap is because you have lots of lines which means Verizon is losing money on you big time. They should not be allowed to do that unless it is people you can prove is your family. Shouldn't just go letting everyone making full accounts. But I do it to sort of period I'm just saying technically it's wrong but $33 is good but I still say you should have to pay 80 like everyone also the only reason it's cheaper is cuz you guys are all splitting the bill. If you're talking one line of Sprint versus one line of Verizon Sprints cheaper every day. If you took those nine lines over to Sprint you'll be paying like 10 or 15.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No that is cheap but the only reason is cheap is because you have lots of lines which means Verizon is losing money on you big time. They should not be allowed to do that unless it is people you can prove is your family. Shouldn't just go letting everyone making full accounts. But I do it to sort of period I'm just saying technically it's wrong but $33 is good but I still say you should have to pay 80 like everyone also the only reason it's cheaper is cuz you guys are all splitting the bill. If you're talking one line of Sprint versus one line of Verizon Sprints cheaper every day. If you took those nine lines over to Sprint you'll be paying like 10 or 15.
Why should I have to pay more when they literally set the price? I don't understand how you think that's fair. You have a family plan with Sprint right ? You pay less per line for it right? So do you think Sprint should charge you 80 a line because individuals pay that? Also why do you think they're losing money on prices they set?

Also you just said " go to Sprint to get 10 to 15 a line... But on Verizon they're losing money and should charge you the individual price." -- so discounts aren't okay on Verizon due to them "losing money" but okay on Sprint because they somehow aren't? I'm all for fair conversation but you contradict yourself with crazy accusations unless it is about Sprint.. seems you're just being biased now.

You think they'd deliberately set prices to lose money? Sorry.. no. You seem to not understand how pricing and profit works in the wireless world. You also don't seem to understand who makes profit and who doesn't.

Oh FYI it's just a multi-line plan.. not a family plan... So no need for authentication of us being in a family. They literally have a section on the bill that says "splitting this bill?" And it breaks it down.. so Verizon purposely helps for people to join multi-line plans like I have.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I meant it is for family any random person on the
It isn't though. It's called a multiple line plan.. not a family plan. See below.
353cab468caaf4834002f63950c4aeee.jpg