Sprint kills off 'Galaxy Forever' upgrade program for Galaxy S7 edge

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Not to derail your thread but i bought the note 5 last August with the galaxy forever plan. I never thought to ask them this at the time but if i do trade in my note 5 for the note 7 does my contract go back up to 2 years or would i still only have 1 remaining?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The last time anyone got anything "forever" ... hasn't happened yet. How can they make a profit if they depend solely on data usage?

I get nothing lasts forever but to tout "Galaxy Forever" and take it away 4 months later .. Is a tad early don't you think?

Also I don't get your profit comment -- when do carriers make a profit off the phones? They all sell them at retail with minor differences and a monthly payment. A lot of them have the trade in programs so this isn't a Sprint specific thing at all.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Not to derail your thread but i bought the note 5 last August with the galaxy forever plan. I never thought to ask them this at the time but if i do trade in my note 5 for the note 7 does my contract go back up to 2 years or would i still only have 1 remaining?
Stopped into sprint and got the answer in case anyone was curious. If you trade in your old phone for the new, your plan starts new at 2 years. Guess i won't be getting a new phone for another year.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I still have the Note 4 and didn't see a need, or was impressed by the 5. I need to wait and see about getting the 7, because honestly the 4 is still a powerful phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Stopped into sprint and got the answer in case anyone was curious. If you trade in your old phone for the new, your plan starts new at 2 years. Guess i won't be getting a new phone for another year.

Sad part is, if you go into a different store and ask them, they would probably give a different answer. This is always one of the more annoying things about dealing with Customer Service for just about any product, inconsistent answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance