Is there a list of when 4G will be available in certain areas??

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just got my EGO three week ago, Sprint claims my area will be 4G by the end of the month , a few friends said they've been saying this for months. I'm in Buffalo, NY if that helps at all?

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I heard that clear was out of money and that there would be no more wimax areas added any time soon. Source a best buy employee.

Vegasden

May 13, 2010
vegasden.net
I heard that clear was out of money and that there would be no more wimax areas added any time soon. Source a best buy employee.

Oh, well a Best Buy employee would be someone I know I would go to for inside Corporate information....not.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got my EGO three week ago, Sprint claims my area will be 4G by the end of the month , a few friends said they've been saying this for months. I'm in Buffalo, NY if that helps at all?

This the latest list I've seen so far 3 months old though.

Sprint 4G is making its official Hollywood debut today.

That?s right. Today Sprint brought the power of 4G to Los Angeles, Miami, Washington D.C., Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio. The service now is available in 68 markets across the country, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and New York City.

Next stop: Silicon Valley.

Sprint expects to launch the San Francisco market ? home to Silicon Valley and thousands of tech enthusiasts ? on Dec. 28.

-- Matt Carter, president-Sprint 4G

?We have witnessed a great demand from our customers for 4G speeds, power and capabilities in these cities already and today they officially have it. We are proud to deliver on our commitment to serve our customers and deliver 4G to more major metropolitan areas in 2010.?

Sprint 4G is now available in 68 markets:

California ? Los Angeles, Merced, Modesto, Sacramento, Stockton, Visalia;

Connecticut ? Hartford, New Haven;

Delaware ? Wilmington;

District of Columbia ? Washington D.C.;

Florida ? Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Tampa;

Georgia ? Atlanta, Milledgeville;

Hawaii ? Honolulu, Maui;

Idaho ? Boise;

Illinois ? Chicago;

Maryland ? Baltimore;

Massachusetts ? Boston;

Michigan ? Grand Rapids;

Minnesota ? Minneapolis-St. Paul:

Missouri ? Kansas City, St. Louis;

New Jersey ? New Brunswick, Trenton;

New York ? New York, Rochester, Syracuse;

Nevada ? Las Vegas;

North Carolina ? Charlotte, Greensboro (includes High Point and Winston-Salem), Raleigh (includes Cary, Chapel Hill and Durham);

Ohio ? Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus;

Oregon ? Eugene, Portland, Salem;

Pennsylvania ? Harrisburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reading, York;

Rhode Island ? Providence;

Tennessee ? Nashville;

Texas ? Abilene, Amarillo, Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Killeen/Temple, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa, San Antonio, Waco, Wichita Falls;

Utah ? Salt Lake City;

Virginia ? Richmond;

Washington ? Bellingham, Seattle, Tri-Cities, Yakima.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought my EVO in December and before I bought it I went in to the local Sprint store and asked an employee when 4G would be in Spokane. He said March. I asked him if he was positive and he said absolutely. I was going to wait to buy a 4G to make sure I got the latest model and didn't pay $10/month for nothing, but I figured 2-3 months wasn't a long wait. Well that SOB straight out lied to me, but I am not really surprised. I wish there was a map or website that provided this information because you can't trust anyone from Sprint to tell you the truth.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
From what I have read, Clear has been putting up towers in "rural" areas to make sure they comply with goverment regulations. They are popping up in smaller cities, even though they are not listed on Sprint's list of 4G service areas. If you use Sensorly and Clear.com, you will get a good idea of where 4G coverage is located, even if it is not listed on Sprint.

They just added 4G to a tower near my house, but it is not on any of Sprints 4G lists.

Partyman

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I can tell you this much, that map is not correct, i live in Wichita, Kansas and i know we don't have 4G here, even Sprint told me the only place in Kansas that has it is Kansas City (Overland Park) and they don't have a time table when we will get it here. I don't know where they are getting that information at but it needs updated.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was told in January when I got my EVO that Dayton, OH was going to be getting 4g "very soon" the district Sprint rep had been in and told everyone that it was in the works. Well it's almost April and so far, no 4G or even a mention of when in my area.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Because of this thread I downloaded the Sensorly app and found I have 4G in my little town in Oshkosh, WI! Yeah way the eff out here in the middle of nowhere! And it's on no lists, and it works! God I love Android Central

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sensorly is updated from user data. If you are sending info through the sensorly app, and are on 4G, it will report that there is 4G coverage. I like it because it is accurate, based on people actually using 4G service. I am in Iowa, and there is no where that says that Iowa has any 4G coverage. However, according to sensorly, there is a 4G signal in some areas.

I know because i can get 4G at my home, but not at my workplace. The only place this shows up is on the sensorly map.

lds710

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was told in January when I got my EVO that Dayton, OH was going to be getting 4g "very soon" the district Sprint rep had been in and told everyone that it was in the works. Well it's almost April and so far, no 4G or even a mention of when in my area.
I believe we have been swindled by unscrupulous Sprint sales personell.

Trojan713

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just found 4G in downtown San Diego, which is new. Also the Sensorly maps indicate that portions of the South Bay, Kearny Mesa, and UTC/La Jolla have 4G coverage.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe we have been swindled by unscrupulous Sprint sales personell.

I think this happens quite a bit. I would guess most Sprint employees have no idea when 4G coverage will come to their areas. I'm sure there is talk at Sprint stores and at Sprint affiliated retailers, but most likely there are very few people who actually know where 4G coverage is going next. And the people who know this information probably do not work with the consumer.

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm absolutely shocked and insulted that Rochester and Syracuse have 4G but Buffalo, which is way bigger and has more around doesn't have 4G, so lame!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma