how many returns till a new phone?

snowdream#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
How many returns can you make before Sprint lets you get a different phone?

I have the Epic, it has already had one return for provisioning errors (couldn't recover from a hard reset given in store), my return is getting a return (for a landslide of other issues), and I'm getting ticked. I'm not sure I even want an Epic after only having one since Feb and having this many issues :(

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that they have a set number since people have reported a number of same replacement phones. It's too bad your having so many problems with the phone. Have you asked about getting a different one?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I had an issue with a Motorola Q and they swap it out four times in the same store. The last time, I told them that I had so many problems that I wanted to know what it would take to switch to a different phone. They agreed, and let me select a phone of similar value. This is the only time that has happened to me, but it was the only phone I had that had to be swapped out so many times. Usually, if I have a problem, the replacement phone has not had any issues.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It should be after three to four consecutive replacements. You should then be eligible for a different model device of same or lesser value, but not more. They would prefer to give you a (brand new device) of the same model... rather than a device of higher value. You would have to pay more for that.

I hope you don't have to go through that.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea, usually the carriers warrenty replacement departments have a 3 strike rule. After 3 device replacements, they should give you the option of a different comparable device of equal or lesser value as rushrl said.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
It depends on who you talk to. I went thru 8 tours in 10 weeks and they still wouldn't let me change. But I know people who they have let switch or gave them an early upgrade after just 2. I would say ask and you might get it.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
In the service center, after the 3rd swap, the exchange list expands to include other devices. This may be within the last 12 months, I'm not completely sure.

Problem with the EPIC is there aren't any similar devices in the system. You can exchange it 100 times and the tech will still be limited to an EPIC. Swapping to an EVO would have to be done through corporate. 3rd party stores would have to escalate the issue manually to their Sprint service rep.

snowdream#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your quick responses!! I received my replacement phone today :D Hopefully *fingers, eyes, and toes crossed* it isn't as buggy as my last two epics!! If it is I will be through with the epic and try to switch. My husband has the EVO and we paid pretty much the same for it as my Epic, they seem comparable (different pros and cons depending on preference). I have to admit I'm partial to the Epic although with all the issues I would be just as happy with an EVO. I have also heard quite a bit of advise to just root my new device and hopefully dodge those bugs altogether. Going to read up on rooting in the next few days.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude