Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone

jgentsch

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the following message on my GV account, of which I have had for 2 years, when I click the 'Check eligibility for Spring integration' button:

"Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone"

I have been using an Android phone with GV installed for the past year.

I have a Sprint HTC EVO 4G. I am not rooted.

jgentsch

May 16, 2010
Visit site
gv.jpg

I have been doing from the PC the entire time when trying the integration. When I was signing out, I was signing out of the GV app on my phone.

fattsjulius

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Possible answer to issue (maybe)

I am also getting rejected when checking eligibility for Sprint/GV Integration... I've been getting the same message for the past week:

"Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled."

Just spoke to someone at Sprint about this issue. I was told that (in my case) the firmware on my HTC EVO 4G needs to be upgraded to 2.3 before my phone is eligible for the GV integration. I'm a little skeptical about this response. It doesn't make much sense to me. I have no choice but to accept it and wait for gingerbread to be pushed to my device and give it a shot at that time.

Is there anyone out there with an HTC EVO 4G (running 2.2) that has successfully integrated???

fattsjulius

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Ignore my previous post.

The Sprint Rep actually called me back and informed me that the info she gave was incorrect. We proceeded to go through the integration process and she created a CTMS ticket as a result of my problem stated above in my original post. Supposedly, once a ticket like this gets initiated, Sprint will contact Google and start the process of resolving the issue. Apparently, the issue has to be resolved on a case by case basis. The CTMS ticket needs to be initiated so that Google has specific info about the customer having the issue (i.e. sprint mobile number, google user name, etc.)

I told her that there are several forums loaded about this very issue. She said tell everyone to call Sprint and ask the to open a CTMS ticket. She promised intergration within 72 hours.

Call 888-211-4727. Ask to be transferred to Tasha . She was extremely helpful.

Good Luck. I'll report back! :cool:

jasonsf

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
So far, it seems that this is being caused by having an employee discount on your account. If Sprint has your employer in its database as being eligible for a discount and you apply that discount to your personal account, you are blocked from GV integration. (The employee discount I'm talking about is here: Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email)

My account with Sprint is tagged as "Public Sector-Government" because we are using my wife's employer's discount. But my account is a personal account. This is really lame.

Jason

everyday17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have seen on other forums that you may be able to call Sprint and have them override that if you get the right rep, and that it's basically a known bug in Sprint's system that will be fixed (ETA: the future)