DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I called up and complained about my signal to Sprint today and retention saw I was in a bad coverage area, that a local tower is down, and had numerous "failed calls". So the CSR put me through to get the new AIRAVE with 3G. No cost up front or monthly and no activation fee. If you have bad signal at home call Sprint and they will take care of you.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
That stinks. Most of my issues are at home and I am at home most of the time.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

They said it was because the three towers we have in the area aren't running and full capacity and they were actually running very poorly. They made a ticket and said they would send someone to fix them. I am still waiting for it to be fixed. If it isn't in a week then they said they would let me out of my contract because they had failed to live up to their end of the contract. Which I was thankful for. I will switch to VZW if it doesn't get better. I would prefer to stay with Sprint so I am hoping they get the issue worked out soon.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a telephone for that. How about coverage outside the house.

Well not everybody has a house phone anymore. So this helps a lot of people who just have a cell phone. There are quite a bit of people that just get bad coverage in their house and this hellps them with their problems. Most companies have the same thing just with a different name.

For your coverage issues maybe try updating your PRL if you haven't. Or call Sprint and see if the towers are running at full potential in your area.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to do this. But it requires adding a line onto the account for that. My credit only allows me three lines at the moment until i reach month 18.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
They said it was because the three towers we have in the area aren't running and full capacity and they were actually running very poorly. They made a ticket and said they would send someone to fix them. I am still waiting for it to be fixed. If it isn't in a week then they said they would let me out of my contract because they had failed to live up to their end of the contract. Which I was thankful for. I will switch to VZW if it doesn't get better. I would prefer to stay with Sprint so I am hoping they get the issue worked out soon.

I had noticed slow speeds for a long time and the CSR said one my city's towers were down and would be back up any day. I still insisted on the AIRAVE. It seems the tower is back up as I am getting better signal and over double the data rate.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Its a femtocell. It boosts the signal over a 5000 square foot area.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Is it extra? Because I refuse to pay a fee for something Sprint should be providing, better coverage

I have tried to do this. But it requires adding a line onto the account for that. My credit only allows me three lines at the moment until i reach month 18.

Yeah, Sprint has some "sneaky" credit and financing ways. It's like a company ran by snakes and pirates.

Well not everybody has a house phone anymore. So this helps a lot of people who just have a cell phone. There are quite a bit of people that just get bad coverage in their house and this hellps them with their problems. Most companies have the same thing just with a different name.

For your coverage issues maybe try updating your PRL if you haven't. Or call Sprint and see if the towers are running at full potential in your area.

Funny. Never seem to hear about bad coverage inside buildings and such with Verizon and AT&T. And quite a number of people still have house phones.

What's PRL?

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Funny. Never seem to hear about bad coverage inside buildings and such with Verizon and AT&T. And quite a number of people still have house phones.

What's PRL?

Actually you do hear about it a lot. Well maybe not you but it happens on a daily basis. Depends on the area that you are in. And I didn't say nobody had house phones any more. I just said that a lot don't.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Is it extra? Because I refuse to pay a fee for something Sprint should be providing, better coverage

Yeah, Sprint has some "sneaky" credit and financing ways. It's like a company ran by snakes and pirates.

What's PRL?

They typically do charge for it (for the people who wont demand it for free), but they will give it to you completely free with no activation or monthly fee. PRL is Preferred Roaming List, it tells your phone which towers to use.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually you do hear about it a lot. Well maybe not you but it happens on a daily basis. Depends on the area that you are in. And I didn't say nobody had house phones any more. I just said that a lot don't.

Sure, I'll take your "word" for it. Verizon has more coverage than Sprint does and generally speaking, that can apply to any mobile device. But I guarantee you a Verizon phone will pick up a signal faster than Sprint's crappy network will

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Sure, I'll take your "word" for it. Verizon has more coverage than Sprint does and generally speaking, that can apply to any mobile device. But I guarantee you a Verizon phone will pick up a signal faster than Sprint's crappy network will

That depends on where you live. It is very subjective.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Generally speaking isn't always subjective, Jenny.

I don't know who 'Jenny' is but I know it isn't me....

It depends on the area you are in. When I am in Portland, OR I get 4g on Sprint and only 3G on Verizon. Therefore my sprint phone is faster. When I am visiting family in John Day, OR my verizon phone works a lot faster.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know who 'Jenny' is but I know it isn't me....

It depends on the area you are in. When I am in Portland, OR I get 4g on Sprint and only 3G on Verizon. Therefore my sprint phone is faster. When I am visiting family in John Day, OR my verizon phone works a lot faster.

Uh huh, ok.

You know, that's like saying I can go to the NASCAR race and drive a car and say it's faster than a coupe. Like I said before, it isn't always subjective since it is proven that Verizon has better coverage and they're rolling out LTE at a faster pace than Sprint is with Wiimax. Actually, Verizon has about the same coverage of LTE as Sprint does with Wiimax, except LTE is actually in cities where it should be and they rolled it out faster than Sprint did in the timeframe compared.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Uh huh, ok.

You know, that's like saying I can go to the NASCAR race and drive a car and say it's faster than a coupe. Like I said before, it isn't always subjective since it is proven that Verizon has better coverage and they're rolling out LTE at a faster pace than Sprint is with Wiimax. Actually, Verizon has about the same coverage of LTE as Sprint does with Wiimax, except LTE is actually in cities where it should be and they rolled it out faster than Sprint did in the timeframe compared.

This isn't a Sprint vs. Verizon thread. I started this to talk about getting the AIRAVE and once I get it how well it works. This has nothing to do with Verizon LTE

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae