Questions and Concerns about Sprint

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Overall I am a huge supporter of Sprint. I've had them since last April when I switched from Verizon period with Verizon I had two lines and I was paying nearly $140 a month which was totally insane. I was so sick of it that I had tried every other carrier even bought cheap prepaid phones to try on them. I almost ended up going with Cricket except for the early termination fees anyways long story short I want Sprint. They were very gracious and paid off the remainder of my $300 Verizon LG G4 which I just really did not like that phone. In addition they paid off another line $200 early termination fee. Everything was Fran has been absolutely wonderful and I now have four lines on my account. Somehow or another I was able to get into 50% off of T-Mobile because one of my lines was T-Mobile or something so I now have four lines on the T-Mobile Simple Choice 50% off plan and I pay $87 a month. Again though I do not use that 6 Gigabytes or even close to it I used to be on the 2 gigabyte plan but I just did not feel right having four lines with them and only paying $50. Anyways my concerns are as follows. Firstly I have watched YouTube videos and stuff with their earnings calls in that they have not made profit since 2006. However they're cutting costs in beginning to get better period it boggles my mind why more people don't have Sprint to me Sprint and T-Mobile or pretty much neck-to-neck as far as coverage and I really don't notice much difference from Verizon and no I'm not in a big city. I'm not sure why but it seems that Sprint is really struggling at the moment. Last quarter they lost 100,000 subscribers and only gained $42,000 total. Where is at the same time T-Mobile gained 1.1 million. So what is it that makes T-Mobile grow and strive and do great while Sprint is barely hopping along. There is nothing wrong with Sprint service and least in my area and where I have traveled. Semi concerns of this I also know that they are in debt so looks like not the best business position to be in. My question is I guess I'm scared about the future of Sprint. I don't have any phones on lease or payment so I can leave at any time so I'm wondering if Sprint does die so then we're only left with three carriers if the price will go up so I should switch before that might happen. For example for lines on Cricket is $100 but I really don't want to switch. I assume if she does go under they will be warning to give us customers time to go somewhere else or maybe something else will happen. It's just sad because friend has been really good to me help me out and situations and stuff for example bought a phone from them and it died and they just paid off the balance even though it was not in warranty is I bought a certified pre-owned from their website. Please sign for the long post but please help me feel better about the situation. I don't want to wake up one morning and have to go back to Verizon now with 4 lines possibly adding a fifth and pay three or four hundred dollars a month. LOL I also do not like T-Mobile's policy of only having unlimited one plan and I think way more people should get Sprint. Screen is a good company and they deserve more customers. Anyway or my concerns valid or what. Thanks so much by the way also after my promotion is up May of next year what do I do then. I want to keep my bill around $100 a month the only thing they have now is unlimited in the $40 plan which is 4 GB per line which I do not want or need. Maybe I will go to Boost Mobile. Who knows.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Free service

How in the world do they offering such a thing. They must be desperate how do they even make money when they don't charge anything. What in the world Sprint T-Mobile's charging $70 a month for the service I think this is an ***** full plan. I also believe these companies giving away $100 phones is also really stupid. Seems to me they just don't want to make money. I can see giving away J-3 emerge but not Galaxy S8 or iPhone 7S. What the heck are they thinking what the heck are all the companies thinking.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Happy with Sprint

So this question comes in a few parts. Firstly are you happy with Sprint in the overall service. When you pick your phone up and call does it work text look up something. Many people in my opinion bad-mouth Sprint but I just don't see it everywhere I go my phone just seems to work. How long have you been with them and where and how often do you travel. Have you tried other phone companies because people may or may not know no phone company has service everywhere. That's where Sprint feels the exact same to me is Verizon. I have full service or nearly so everywhere I go except for when I'm in Raleigh North Carolina I never have job calls or data problems but the bar is always seem to be really low for a big city I'll be downtown Raleigh and see one bar or two bars jumping between but it still works so I don't really care I guess. Only place I've noticed that Sprint service is not as good as others is that my mom's house one little bitty bar availity usually sometimes two. Very strange that T-Mobile in Verizon both have four bars there. Cost to work fine and that will work for my needs but sometimes if you're in the right spot phone calls will drop in and out a little bit. Other than that I don't think I've ever even had a dropped call on Sprint.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Customer count

Curious what is the total customer count of Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T. When do they all stand as far as numbers. What about boost Metro and Cricket

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In my time with Sprint, I have had plenty of dropped calls. However, it wasn't that that made me leave. It was Sprint that kept saying 'LTE is coming' 'It's coming soon'. I lost my patience, and shifted to AT&T. That simple action doubled my net speeds from 3 to 6-7.

Sometimes I swear Sprint is still in the Dark Ages when in regard to telecommunications.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Glad you like your service. It's true that Sprint has a bad rep, but it's partially because they are incredibly expensive, their service is objectively terrible compared to their competition and it's very difficult to get devices that work on Sprint and also work on other carriers without any hassle. Verizon is only good at the last point because they are forced to, but it's still a gap. Sprint is most likely "good enough" for most people, however it's not good when compared to the other carriers, which are faster, more stable, tend to be cheaper and have a better selection of and support for more devices.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Some thoughts and observations on the posts. Firstly Sprint out of all the National Carriers is by far the cheapest. For me if I was joining up today they have a plan for $40 which is 4 GB let's just see Verizon beat that. Number two one posters that they switch from Sprint to AT&T to go from 3 megabytes per second to 6 and that seems a little silly to me my home Wi-Fi is 3 megabytes per second and it's fast. Like I said I have four lines and I pay $87 a month. I don't think any other carrier can even come close to that deal. With just two lines I'll be over $100 with Verizon or T-Mobile the only option that I have close to the price that I'm paying now is Metro PCS Boost Mobile or cricket. There truly is nothing whatsoever wrong with Sprint at least in my opinion. It might be slightly slower but I really don't care about speeds and slightly less service than Verizon but the huge cost difference more than makes up for it. I don't see why people spend so much money on cell phone service it's just silly.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There truly is nothing whatsoever wrong with Sprint at least in my opinion.

this statement ^^ gets a lol and a /thread haha.

On the apples to apples comparison (Unlimited everything) with only 4 lines, T-Mobile is $160, Sprint is $160+tax, Verizon is $180+tax and AT&T is $185+tax. All carriers have budget plans as well and they all stay very close to each other on prices, etc. Money is not the differentiation factor here - I'd personally forgotten that Sprint slashed their rates recently. Until then, they were essentially $100 per line for unlimited, which made them actually sort of competitive for 2 lines until the recent pricing shakeup - but everything over 2 lines, they were way out in right field.

3-6 Mbps is completely unacceptable for both mobile and Wi-Fi IMO. If you're happy with that, it's great for you - but I have a feeling that most of the country does not share the opinion that it is fine, though many may be settling for that in order to save a buck or two. For me the savings (less than $5 per line) is absolutely not worth it for the difference in performance. But to each their own, right?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To be honest ... I never heard many people leave or complain about Sprint due to coverage. I think you're looking at coverage and using that as your one all-be-all for comparing it to T-Mobile and such. That isn't the case. Most people around me have good coverage so they can call/text usually without any hiccup... It is the data speed that is the issue.

That was the issue when I had them years ago and still an issue today (Note: For my area) since my friends/family have Sprint and rely on my hotspot when we go out so they can have data to load things. At home they just use their WiFi but during Football I go out w/ my buddy and my brother... and if my hotspot isn't on they ask me within the first 5 minutes "Will you turn on your hotspot?" -- so they can check their fantasy and whatnot. They don't complain about calls .. Just simply being able to load data around town.

Also you're one person who I know in the past said you like to go on price more then anything else. A LOT of consumers don't do that. I will gladly pay a little more if it means my service is more reliable -- You aren't like me -- You are fine paying less and dealing with a hiccup or whatever. That is where we differ... and that is okay... But that is why some people don't see eye-to-eye with your "money over all" strategy.

Also .. talking about money.. not all carriers are expensive for all. Verizon and such may be a lot for you but in my situation they're actually really cheap. Each line is $20 + 9.28 + 3 tax = ~$32-33 a line for unlimited everything. That honestly isn't a bad price and is damn near prepaid for postpaid VZW service. Will ALL people be able to get what I have? No .. But it goes to show different situations call for different things for everyone :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Some thoughts and observations on the posts. Firstly Sprint out of all the National Carriers is by far the cheapest. For me if I was joining up today they have a plan for $40 which is 4 GB let's just see Verizon beat that. Number two one posters that they switch from Sprint to AT&T to go from 3 megabytes per second to 6 and that seems a little silly to me my home Wi-Fi is 3 megabytes per second and it's fast. Like I said I have four lines and I pay $87 a month. I don't think any other carrier can even come close to that deal. With just two lines I'll be over $100 with Verizon or T-Mobile the only option that I have close to the price that I'm paying now is Metro PCS Boost Mobile or cricket. There truly is nothing whatsoever wrong with Sprint at least in my opinion. It might be slightly slower but I really don't care about speeds and slightly less service than Verizon but the huge cost difference more than makes up for it. I don't see why people spend so much money on cell phone service it's just silly.

Verizon isn't going to beat Sprint on price. That's not their goal. If sprint works great for you then great. Stick with them and save money.

But most people are willing to pay for significantly more expensive carriers for better service where they need it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OP, my apologies....I didn't mean to sound like I was berating you. I was just sharing my experience with Sprint.

cell adviser

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Honestly I would be almost perfectly happy without even having mobile data on my phone. Only thing I really use it for his getting lift and stuff. All the other stuff we do on our phone it's just so pointless and doesn't really matter. It's not life or death situations. That being said Sprint has never gave me any problems at all

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I would be almost perfectly happy without even having mobile data on my phone. Only thing I really use it for his getting lift and stuff. All the other stuff we do on our phone it's just so pointless and doesn't really matter. It's not life or death situations. That being said Sprint has never gave me any problems at all
There are many things that aren't life or death yet we have them. This is a phone forum so of course we all love our data. Not sure what your true points are.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I am glad that works out for you. But let's keep in mind that the average mobile data consumption in the USA is 5gb now and it is expected to reach 6.9gb by the end of the year. Of course there are those who use almost no data but...when factoring considerations for the average person, you should be factoring in average data usage, not your very small niche situation, which applies to an extremely small percentage of people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.an...sage-to-hit-26gb-per-month-per-phone.html/amp

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513