How to get out of my Sprint contract

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, service with Sprint in terms of network has been ****ty for a lack of a better word and the 4G they promised has never arrived. Their coverage map has been decreased dramatically which is one of the reasons why I signed with them for their service.

Not acceptable since I tend to do traveling and I depend on my phone a lot.

I think this would be better than continuing with Sprint. Plus you want have to listen to me complain anymore :p

My Evo won't charge anymore so now I am looking at alternatives.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I did that, they refused to do so. They claim it is damaged physically and refuse to look at it. Despite the fact that one rep over the phone told me it's a known issue, they refused to look at it and this is a corporate owned Sprint store.

Once the galaxy S2 is on Tmobile, these ass clowns will no longer get my money anymore.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try going in and telling them they have violated the contract by decreasing coverage. Explain that the contract you signed guaranteed coverage in the areas indicated by the coverage map previously. Tell them you accepted the coverage in good faith, and their decreasing of coverage is a breach of good faith and you want out of the contract free and clear. Worth a shot.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that, though i have to do it online. Closest Sprint store is far away from me and I'm on bad terms will that store now.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try calling customer service versus online. You can be more convincing on the phone. At least that is how I handle my vendors when I need something. :)

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Try going in and telling them they have violated the contract by decreasing coverage. Explain that the contract you signed guaranteed coverage in the areas indicated by the coverage map previously. Tell them you accepted the coverage in good faith, and their decreasing of coverage is a breach of good faith and you want out of the contract free and clear. Worth a shot.

I tried telling him to do this a few weeks ago.....

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going to sell my Evo and use that money towards the ETF! I'm getting real sick of the coverage and data speeds.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Same here, and I've tried talking to them over the phone about it, hell that was the firs thing I did. But after been given the runaround for ages, I got frustrated and demanded that they either fix my phone or lose a customer.

they gave me a different phone and credited my account so i am going to use that until my evo is back up and running so i can sell it. i need a charge in order to erase the data on it.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well you gotta do what you gotta do. In a joking manner, now at least me and missjennell wont have to keep on telling you to switch carriers. Just dont do what she said threads ago and start complaining about the new carrier too. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
lol, well no. AT&T's not perfect, but they never gave me problems when it came to bad phones. When my messaging phone went bad, they allowed me to upgrade early with a small fee.

Sprint's just pure crap now.

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
lol, well no. AT&T's not perfect, but they never gave me problems when it came to bad phones. When my messaging phone went bad, they allowed me to upgrade early with a small fee.

Sprint's just pure crap now.

AT&T's 3G coverage blows... you'll always have "EDGE" coverage, but hardly anything for 3G outside of a metropolitan area.

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I like my EVO. 4G coverage in Houston is GREAT. 4G coverage in the So Bay section of Los Angeles is iffy outside and touch and go inside.

I am in town on business in South Orange County. I sit next to the window on the 1st floor of a 4 story building. My 3G coverage is bad to unusable. My voicemail is timestamped CSt despite being in PSt and the settings on use cell cite/time zome (whatever it is called). My text messages are delayed as well. When I travel 50 feet from my desk, my calls will go straight to VM, then the notification lags. I find myself rebooting/restarting my phone twice a day and I get missing messages and alerts.

I have called and keep being told that coverage is excellent in my area. I was refused an Airave. Plus, even if they did alow one, they want to charge a monthly fee. Why would anyone pay for a family or individual plan with certain features, then pay another $10 a month to use those features/ heck, i could simply pay the fees to another carrier and accomplish the same thing.

I will be back in my home coverage area (soon I hope), but if this persists I may have to change. I understand no provider is perfect.

I would simply caution the OP to test the other provider carefully and adhere to their return policy if not happy. Still, as you have mentioned, coverage was "good", but has changed, so that is always going to be an issue.

Here in Los Angeles, many of my family have ATT. My sister went to an ATT store 2 weeks ago and was GIVEN a 3G Microcell. It appear ATT is handing them out in great numbers and not charging an activation or monthly fee. I installed it at my parents home and the numbers registered to the device are getting better coverage inside and outside my parents house. I would love to try the Airave at work (and have received It approval), but Sprint shot me down on that request. Paying that $10 data surcharge when I can't get 3G data is starting to get a bit old. Fortunatelty it is only 9 hours a day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12