Sprint reviews

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Considering moving over to Sprint for a little while. Was hoping to get some current Sprint customer reviews here

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I left AT&T for sprint about 14 months ago. Worst decision I’ve ever made. I was looking something cheaper and of course sprint advertises they’re within 1% coverage of Verizon. Definitely isn’t a true statement.

Luckily we had WiFi calling or we wouldn’t have been able to make calls out of our home. Half the time data speeds were so slow you couldn’t video chat or watch any type of video streaming. This is even on their LTE. Every time we contacted them in regards to issues it was always the same. They’re experiencing tower issues.

Traveling wasn’t any better. Went back to our home town of Naples, FL where you’d think it would work. Half the time we were on Edge.

Wasn’t a happy experience for us. Thankfully T-Mobile offered to buy us out of our obligation. Best decision I’ve made so far.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
As always, it's about the coverage. Do the research on the areas you frequent, and use multiple resources to check coverage. Balance that with the cost. You will eventually be in areas with slow or limited coverage. Decide if that is an acceptable trade-off.

I went with Sprint solely for the cost. They had a one year promo where I only had to pay taxes and a small service fee. I never really intended on staying after the promo, and left a few months early to snag the T-Mobile 55+ plan before the price increase. My experience with Sprint was slow data speeds and spotty coverage.

Overall, Sprint is by far the weakest carrier. The only thing they have going is cost. If you're in an area with good coverage and don't venture to far, then Sprint will work. If you want reliable coverage in many areas, there are better options.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
As always, it's about the coverage. Do the research on the areas you frequent, and use multiple resources to check coverage. Balance that with the cost. You will eventually be in areas with slow or limited coverage. Decide if that is an acceptable trade-off.

I went with Sprint solely for the cost. They had a one year promo where I only had to pay taxes and a small service fee. I never really intended on staying after the promo, and left a few months early to snag the T-Mobile 55+ plan before the price increase. My experience with Sprint was slow data speeds and spotty coverage.

Overall, Sprint is by far the weakest carrier. The only thing they have going is cost. If you're in an area with good coverage and don't venture to far, then Sprint will work. If you want reliable coverage in many areas, there are better options.

We went for the cost as well. The new plans and promos with t-Mobile can’t be beat though. I’m actually $120 less than what I was paying with sprint and better coverage.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Coverage is key.
Get the Speedtest by Ookla app and it shows coverage for every US carrier.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zwanoo.android.speedtest&hl=en
Looks like this.

Mav. :cool:

eeb2035354c20def96a74d2a74214a79.jpg

d2c2eda6aae5257f67c0bfafbef6df27.jpg

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Considering moving over to Sprint for a little while. Was hoping to get some current Sprint customer reviews here
It will vary. I doubt "coverage" will be an issue since when I had Sprint I could always call or text.. same with friends and family now who have it.

The issue was data. A buddy of mine on my Verizon account swapped to Sprint to try them out again but also to stay off Verizon for 45 days and then come back (he would be eligible for port in deals again after that time). Sprint at his house was okay... To be fair he doesn't get the best signal from any carrier there.. his house hates cell signals lol.

It was when he went to work. He sits on the 2nd story (top floor) next to a bunch of winodws. Strong signal.. 3Mbps down early in the morning. We are near downtown so we aren't in the sticks. He went into the restroom and immediately dropped to 3g. That is when he decided it's still a no go for our area and came back to Verizon. T-Mobile at our work is around 50 to 60 Mbps average throughout the day and Verizon is around 90 to 110 Mbps average. Not sure on AT&T there tbh.

So signal wasn't an issue for him but more so data speed and keeping LTE in a building that is pretty open (compared to our companies last building that was like a damn fortress lol).

Joe Petty

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have Sprint. Me and my gf switched from TMobile because Spront would cut your bill in half. Nope. Didnt happen. We actually pay more now that we joined lines than we did when we had seperate TMobile lines. So thats kind of a dissapointment. We switched when they were offering the Buy One Get One Free promo @ Best Buy, and we got too good of a deal, because they also ran a promo on if you bought an LG G5 ( i lile the LG phones personally), you got a free 32" tv, so we got 2 of those, 2 $250 gift cards and the BOGO promo lol. (I worked for best buy mobile so i knew the loophole.)

When it comes to signal strength and service tho, Ivr not had any issues. Theres a known dead spot about half a mile from our apartment where you lose sognal and lose boice service for about 15-30 seconds, so I stay off the phone in that area. Not a big deal. I get 3 bars of signal regularly at home, and usually full bars out everwhere else. I now have the LG V30+ and its got some extra LTE modem stuff in the phone that helps with download speeds. As far as my overall experience, i dont have a problem with them, besides the fact that i cant really bring an unlocked phone there due to compatibility issues with the bands they use. I will say this tho. With the LG G5, I did experience slower data speeds for some reason. With the V30+, no such issues.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Depends on location and the phone you decide on. In my area in Arizona we have the lte+ network. Once I switch to a phone that utilizes this network it was night and day. At home and at work I don't care about data strength because I use wifi. I'm always able to talk and send texts in the area I live and work.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Well i had sprint for almost 10 years. Their data speeds and the deals were good at first. When I switched from at&t to sprint in 2006 data was faster and I got a banging deal on a palm treo 755. I stayed for years and moved to blackberry and android phones. I was also getting a 17% discount from a parttime job. Still my bills were $89 for 1 phone. Once my s5 was out off 2 year contract in august of 2015 I moved to Boost the prepaid company they own to lower the bill. Problem was I go camping alot in the summer in rural areas and I'D often have poor or no service. Also even at home in a best coverage area data speeds were 4mbps or less.
When I decided I coundnt take it anymore in September2016 I got a new unlocked Lg G5 and moved my number to Cricket. I couldn't be happier. For the same $45 I paid at Boost I get 8Gb of data instead of 5Gb speed capped at 8mbps, it tests out that fast or better too. My phone also works everywhere we camped. I was even able to teather my firestick and stream netflix while camping. I could never have on the Sprint network.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
As previously mentioned a big part of it is about coverage. If the area where you spend the most of your time has good coverage then great. The other big part is the phone. People don't think about the tech in the phone but the bands a phone has play a big factor. If you pick up an older phone on a deal, you likely won't have all the bands to take full advantage of the network. Newer phones are just about more RAM and faster processors, the data speeds and bands get faster too. These things are true with all carriers.

I had sprint for several years. Coverage was never indicative of usable data speeds. I could have full bars 4G LTE and not be able to pull up a map because there was zero throughput. We put up with it because we were on an older plan that was saving us some money. Dropped calls, texts wouldn't go through sometimes for hours. I struggled to get enough data speed at work to stream radio a lot of days and I live in the second largest city in my state and again, that's with full bars and not very far from the windows. If you are a heavy data user I recommend caution and doing a lot of research for your area. If you have a good sprint area, then you should be fine. where they are good they are very good.

We moved last year and couldn't make calls from the new house so we switched to T-Mobile and have been very happy. I would urge you to look at them as well and if cost is a factor, check out Cricket. You get AT&T's network cheaper with solid speeds and caps for the price.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Northeast Ohio and from what I can tell, Sprint provides about the same or slightly better coverage in my general area.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Northeast Ohio and from what I can tell, Sprint provides about the same or slightly better coverage in my general area.
Just remember coverage doesn't equal speed. Be sure to test before fully diving in.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
It could be the increased volume on your towers from the $15 (I believe) promo that Sprint was running. Keep us posted if you move or the situation improves. It could just be a temporary service issue. A call to CS might yield some information.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

Something is going on with Sprint. Inquired about another phone because my niece will be moving in soon and wanted an iPhone. She'll get whatever I get her. But I inquired about the LG V30+ for 5.00 a month. They would not leave me alone until I decided today.. My service area has been great but the customer service team is horrible.

I just deal with Accounts Dept. Deal with them, usually with all due respect it's mostly English speaking people.
I hate LG, but it's not for me. Apple well?🤯🤯 She's driving me bananas.
Service is better, but customer service, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance