How is Sprint in NYC?

everyday17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a frequent weekend visitor to Manhattan, sometimes venturing into Brooklyn and I haven't had any issues. When I had an Evo I was getting ~9Mbps on 4G in a 5th floor apt in Washington Heights.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Until recently I had great coverage in NYC. For the past month i've had lots of dropped calls and very slow web browsing on 3G and 4G. Due to the lack of coverage now, most callers get my voicemail.

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm in NYC, bk, qns, bx, si. Atleast 3 times a week for long periods of time. Sprin.t works just fine (as you would expect, they would have to be a jackass to not have good coverage there) in NY. However if you go up state just a bit or even some parts of eastern LI coverage becomes spotty. So if your like most NYers and never go outside the city you will be fine. But if you travel often you should just go with vzw.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm im Westchester county and I get great coverage here. 4G speeds here are in the 2-5 range. I drive all over Westchester for work , as for as Peekskill and Yorktown and i use my Phone for GPS and Pandora up there. No 4G up there but no Drop calls eighter.

Supakitsune

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
3G coverage is generally pretty good, though for me, in parts of the Bronx (around Parkchester and around Gun Hill Road on the 2 train) and Queens (College Point) data can drop to 1x. Calls usually work fine, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol