Why is my data not working on Straight Talk?

A

AC Question

why is data not working on straight talk?

Ok... I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from AT&T that I switched to straight talk a year ago. A few days ago there was a big service outage for AT&T (I assume I still use their towers). Ever since I have no mobile data or mms. I updated the apn settings based on the straight talk site, no luck. I have also used other apn settings found online, again no luck. I performed a factory reset, retried all apn's, still no luck. Is there something I'm missing? I rely on a data connection for my job and don't always have access to wifi.

colekern

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is data not working on straight talk?

It seems like that would be an issue on AT&T's end. Have you tried swapping your phone's apn settings to use T-Mobile's towers? I'm pretty sure they both use GSM so it should be possible. Try using the T-mobile APN settings.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is data not working on straight talk?

I read that there was an outage/problem down south somewhere, that it effected quite a few areas of coverage. Not sure to what extent, but I have noticed service issues as well on the at&t sim, but only when I'm at work, everywhere else is fine.. a coworker of mine has at&t and also has same issue only while at work..

And the T-Mobile APN settings won't work since you're using the at&t sim card, would have to put in one of their T-Mobile sims for that to work..

Posted via nexus 5 (straight talk)