Don't you think you're going a little overboard everyday with multiple posts describing where you can watch some shows from anywhere? They're clearly poorly disguised ads for VPN. I would suggest you back off a little bit.
    09-20-2020 02:44 PM
    Have any links to specific articles? I scrolled down the front page to see yesterday's posts and didn't see any such "posts". Is it possible you actually WERE seeing ads? I use an ad blocker so it may explain explain my lack of such items.
    09-20-2020 03:20 PM
    Here is one from today. There are like 3 others today. They are posts, not ads. What ad blocker do you use?
    49ers vs. Jets live stream: How to watch the NFL 2020 action from anywhere https://www.androidcentral.com/how-w...nywhere-online
    09-20-2020 03:31 PM
    Turned off my ad blocker and still don't see that article when I load the front page, nor do I see any related to that one.
    09-20-2020 05:12 PM
    That's not a forum post, that's a site post - different animal. The site itself does have ads.
    09-20-2020 05:55 PM
    Here is one from today. There are like 3 others today. They are posts, not ads. What ad blocker do you use?
    49ers vs. Jets live stream: How to watch the NFL 2020 action from anywhere https://www.androidcentral.com/how-w...nywhere-online
    It's not only that one. I filtered the AC blog to get only 'Core' articles and got How to Watch matches of NFL, European football, NCAA, the Emmy's awards and an annoying autoplay ad video that I had problems to close. And that was without scrolling too much.

I blame you to make me open the AC app to see that
    09-20-2020 06:07 PM
    I blame you to make me open the AC app to see that
    Ah, that was my mistake. I was viewing AC on Chrome on my Mac. With or without ads those 'articles' don't appear there. Pull up the AC app on my phone and there they are!
    09-20-2020 06:14 PM
    Ah, that was my mistake. I was viewing AC on Chrome on my Mac. With or without ads those 'articles' don't appear there. Pull up the AC app on my phone and there they are!
    Yup, and this is selecting 'Core'. Not good.
    Where to watch from anywhere-screenshot_20200920-201447.jpeg
    09-20-2020 06:16 PM
    It really has become nauseatingly excessive. And regular viewers of AC know they are advertising tricks, so nobody opens them. So the advertisers paying them to run them are wasting their money.
    09-20-2020 06:37 PM
    There are 9 of these cancerous excuses for ads just in the past 24 hours. NOBODY looks at these anymore.
    09-20-2020 06:41 PM
    The reality is that these kinds of blog posts are probably here to stay. They're another way to generate revenue -- pretty much all tech blogs do this kind of thing. I'm not going to comment on what this does to the quality of the blog, partly because I don't read it any more.
    09-20-2020 07:00 PM
    It's very sad how previously legitimate sites like AC have prostituted themselves for the almighty dollar. I am afraid you are right that it is here to stay. Unfortunately, I assume the more fake story {advertising} a site does, especially if it eclipses real news, their readership declines. It also makes one very suspicious that device or software reviews are not truthful, but advertising in disguise. I really don't trust any reviews on AC anymore.
    09-20-2020 07:10 PM
    It's very sad how previously legitimate sites like AC have prostituted themselves for the almighty dollar. I am afraid you are right that it is here to stay. Unfortunately, I assume the more fake story {advertising} a site does, especially if it eclipses real news, their readership declines. It also makes one very suspicious that device or software reviews are not truthful, but advertising in disguise. I really don't trust any reviews on AC anymore.
    The Forums will be getting a overhaul shortly so maybe things like this will be fixed in the process.
    09-20-2020 07:14 PM
    This discussion is not on the forums, but rather the 'news' is stories on the home page.
    09-20-2020 07:22 PM
    This discussion is not on the forums, but rather the 'news' is stories on the home page.
    Yeah but that all might be revamp also , we see !
    09-20-2020 07:25 PM
    Have you tried viewing the front page on a browser? I'll note again that in Chrome on my Mac I don't see those ads. They also don't appear when I use Chrome on my Android tablet.
    09-20-2020 07:26 PM
    You are correct! The ads are not on the chrome version, just the app
    09-20-2020 07:37 PM
    I'll put a plug in here for my favorite Android/tech journalist JR Raphael, who has his own email newsletter: https://www.androidintel.net/. If you subscribe to his Platinum level ($5/mo or $55/yr), you get access to his weekly podcast as well as an interactive forum. JR is smart, funny, very approachable (when I submit a question, he typically responds within an hour or so), and he doesn't take any revenue from ads, so for me, it's a no-brainer to subscribe.

You can also see some of his writing over at Computerworld: https://www.computerworld.com/author/JR-Raphael/
    09-20-2020 07:42 PM
    Also to note the AC app does offer Ad free with subscription.
    09-20-2020 07:43 PM
    You can also see some of his writing over at Computerworld
    He has his own page where he posts links to his work - jrstart.com. It's one of my default tabs in Chrome, though I don't visit it nearly enough.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-20-2020 07:45 PM