Intrusive Ads

encelle111

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Without warning, opening up a post fires a 5 second ad with sound. If you are unfortunate enough not to have your phone on mute, others around you are bombarded with sound. And there is no option to exit the ad until it finishes. You are then left with scrambling to turn off your volume. Most other sites will start these ads on mute. How about AC join the crowd. People will be more likely to open articles.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The AC app has an ad free subscription. THE ac forum app has no ads. Tapatalk do have a pro app that disables ads without having to pay a monthly subscription.

encelle111

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mustang, I took your suggestion. I paid for a year. Unfortunately it did not remove all advertising, like all the fake news stories for Watch from Anywhere which are nothing more than VPN advertisements. Thanks anyway for at least less intrusive junk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang, I took your suggestion. I paid for a year. Unfortunately it did not remove all advertising, like all the fake news stories for Watch from Anywhere which are nothing more than VPN advertisements. Thanks anyway for at least less intrusive junk
Thanks for letting us know it didn't Remove all , I remember using the app long time ago and had that feature, sorry didn't work out completely.
I use the Forums app but understand you want access the blogs also .

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I never read the articles here, I only come for the forums, and the amazing people and vast amount of information available :D But what I do for other sites with intrusive ads is use Brave Browser. Bye bye ads ;)

encelle111

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it is kinda a ripoff that I paid to remove ads but I am still bombarded with lots of paid articles like the extremely irritating VPN ads "watch this from anywhere".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois