Gaming phone section?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the gaming phone market is becoming a thing and may grow. Right now there's the Asus ROG, Razer Phone, and Black Shark phones, all on at least the second iteration of those devices. It also looks like Honor may be dabbling in this area. That's why I suggest a dedicated gaming phone section in the forums. There's a section for android based gaming consoles, but the gaming area is more for gaming in general and nothing dedicated to phone discussions.

By gaming phones, I'm referring to phones specifically targeted to gamers. Flagships like the Samsung Note's and LG's V-series are powerful phones, but not really applicable here. Gaming phones have extra control features, special cooling, ergonomics (I.e. Flat screens and no notches/hole punches), enhanced antenna configurations, quicker response times, etc. that would appeal directly to gamers. They also often have extra design flare with the body design.

This section would ideally be used for phone comparison, hardware discussion, performance tips, etc.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a GREAT idea to me! In addition a games section would work there, as well as a section of other phones that have gaming features such as the OP7 Pro, which has a 90Hz refresh rate as well as a "Gaming Mode" feature that optimizes (and can be customized) the phone for gaming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21