I am having the same problem with Contacts and with process com.motorola.contacts force closing that many others are having. I had rooted as well as uninstalled bloatware (instead of freezing, yes, I know!). Tried unrooting, reinstalling Yahoo and AT&T apps as suggested, factory resets, everything. Contacts still acts the same; that is, I can get to it but can't edit individual contacts nor get to Contacts Storage. I think it must have something to do with AT&T Address Book, which won't reinstall (says not supported but was there before).

At this point I just want to return Atrix 2 to its stock, 2.3.6 configuration and start all over. Can anyone help me, or is that not "out" yet?
    cowboy77792 likes this.
    03-28-2012 02:44 PM
    Me too I am having the same problems plus more I can't get in to setting gallery and more. if you find help please let me know.
    cowboy77792@gmail.com
    06-04-2012 12:53 PM
    I have gone back to stock simply by doing an external reset via the recovery screen. This is straight from the motorola website: WARNING: Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. When using this feature; information you have programmed in the handset, i.e. apps downloaded through the Market, Contacts, Email and Social network Accounts is deleted, however, nothing stored on the SD Card, i.e., pictures, music, videos, etc. will be affected.

To perform an External Manual Reset of your handset to restore to factory settings, read instructions below and then perform.

Power off the phone, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down button, then press the Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.
    Screen will show up as Boot Mode Selection Menu, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode
    Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4

Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up
    Tap on Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power button
    After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button
    Phone will reboot to initial setup screen.
    To Perform a Factory Data Reset through settings menu:

From the Home screen, press Menu
    Touch Settings
    Touch Privacy
    Touch Factory data reset (Read notes for other options)
    Touch Reset Phone
    Touch Erase Everything
    07-08-2012 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD