Ending calls on Atrix 2

ejmdds

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I really like this phones and have no complaints overall. One thing I noticed though is that I have difficulty disconnecting a call. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I have to repeatedly press "end call" before the call actually disconnects. Can be very frustrating at times.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I have had the Atrix 2 for three days -made and received many phone calls and they all ended normally. I have had no problems with it --really kind of nice so far! ( I have rooted it and use ADW ex, but I don't think that would have an effect). :)

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I really like this phones and have no complaints overall. One thing I noticed though is that I have difficulty disconnecting a call. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I have to repeatedly press "end call" before the call actually disconnects. Can be very frustrating at times.

Yeah I have the same issue about 50% of the time.

ISS2

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The og Atrix has the same issue. It ends the call, but it looks like it takes a few seconds to do so...

ejmdds

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
For example if I call someone and get their voicemail and attempt to disconnect I can still here the message going on the phone even though I am pressing end call. Eventually it disconnects after several presses. I would say on average 3 or 4 presses to disconnect. Weird because it will say time of call in that situation 0:00

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not had this problem, but I just had a thought that might be relevant, which is not that common! With this all-glass, capacitive, multi-touch screen, is it possible that part of your hand that is holding the phone is also touching the glass? I experimented with this today. I called my work number (knowing that it would just ring and allow me to experiment) and I made sure my left hand was touching the glass while it held the phone. When I was doing this, no matter how many times I pressed the end-call button with my right hand, it would not disconnect. As soon as I shifted the phone to where my left hand was only touching the case, the call ended immediately on the first touch.

Possible source of your problem?

Atrixed2

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
@Tim this happens to me often when I'm playing games but ever since I got the otterbox commuter case it has kept my other fingers from touching the glass area ^_^v

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
@Tim this happens to me often when I'm playing games but ever since I got the otterbox commuter case it has kept my other fingers from touching the glass area ^_^v

Yeah, I kinda had a feeling this was the culprit, as since I made my post, this thread has gone silent!

Pilgrimtozion

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having the same problem. Sometimes it disconnects better than other times - even when paying an exorbitant amount of attention to whether my fingers are touching the screen elsewhere.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having the same problem. Sometimes it disconnects better than other times - even when paying an exorbitant amount of attention to whether my fingers are touching the screen elsewhere.

Ever since this thread was started, I have paid close attention to it, just so I could see if it happens, and potentially being able to help. (Un)-fortunately, it hasn't happened even once.

Ditey1

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I, also, have not had any problems with this issue. As a matter of fact, I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my Atrix 2. Am very happy & glad that I upgraded from the original Atrix, which I also loved & still have as a backup.

Sal P.

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue as well, I'd say it happens 25% of the time. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to hang up, once I couldn't disconnect until I powered down the phone and ended up leaving someone a long unintended voicemail.

ejmdds

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine still does it even when I am careful and conscientious about not touching any other area on the screen at the same time. I even demonstrated it to the guys at the ATT store. They said they had maybe 2 exchanges so far for the exact reason but it was not prevalent. Not really a biggie anymore for me since I have gotten used to it. It appears that it is only affecting a few of us. Still love the phone though and not gonna bother exchanging it since I have this one setup the way I want.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine still does it even when I am careful and conscientious about not touching any other area on the screen at the same time. I even demonstrated it to the guys at the ATT store. They said they had maybe 2 exchanges so far for the exact reason but it was not prevalent. Not really a biggie anymore for me since I have gotten used to it. It appears that it is only affecting a few of us. Still love the phone though and not gonna bother exchanging it since I have this one setup the way I want.

Y'know, with my old phone, it developed a bad touchscreen. If you watched it, you could actually see the "rings", as though an invisible finger was touching my screen over and over. ATT finally decided that the phone needed to be replaced. I wonder if something like that is happening here, where your display is reading a "touch", even though you are not actually doing that. You are not using a screen protector, by any chance?

anon(51467)

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I am having this issue and this is my second Atrix 2. I have monitored closely how I am holding the phone when I press the end call button and it does not matter. I can press it once, twice, three or even four times and it always takes at least 2 seconds to end call. I have even pressed and held the button until the device twitches, and that does nothing. It is almost as if I have to wait for the other user to hang up. Also have the active call noted in the notification bar the entire time.

This is one of two irritations with this device. The other is the seemingly random showing of calendar when I switch to it. It often opens to half a week back. WTH!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908