Is it possible to overcharge the battery? I ask because when I first got the phone and fully charged it, it would stay on 100% for at least a couple hours (using circle battery widget which reads in increments of 1%) but one night I fell asleep with it plugged into the charger and when I got up it still read 100% but as soon as I unplugged it it went immediately to 99%. I have not yet been able to get it to read 100% unless its connected to the charger. Think I could get the batt replaced under warranty since its only 2-3 weeks old?

sent from my Motorola Atrix 2
    11-04-2011 12:00 PM
    Interesting article about Li Ion batteries (which we have in our Atrix2's) that I found. It contains info about your question, plus a lot more!

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

Good luck!
    Pema108, eloymaubert and Radean1 like this.
    11-04-2011 12:46 PM
    Interesting article about Li Ion batteries (which we have in our Atrix2's) that I found. It contains info about your question, plus a lot more!

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

Good luck!
    Wow! Good to know stuff!
    11-09-2011 01:22 AM
    Is it possible to overcharge the battery? I ask because when I first got the phone and fully charged it, it would stay on 100% for at least a couple hours (using circle battery widget which reads in increments of 1%) but one night I fell asleep with it plugged into the charger and when I got up it still read 100% but as soon as I unplugged it it went immediately to 99%. I have not yet been able to get it to read 100% unless its connected to the charger. Think I could get the batt replaced under warranty since its only 2-3 weeks old?

sent from my Motorola Atrix 2
    let the battery drain completely
    delete /data/system/batstats.bin
    reboot
    charge it uninterupted to 100%

but, most newer devices will turn off charging when it gets to around 95-98%
    11-15-2011 10:50 AM
    Is there anywhere that actually says that it isn't possible to overcharge a li-polymer battery?
    12-11-2011 01:02 PM
    The charging of these batteries is controlled by a dedicated chip which automatically control charging on/off along with many other functions like voltage regulation,etc. So no your phone battery cannot be overcharged.
    12-24-2011 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD