Wifi keeps shutting off...

WraithTDK

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The wifi antennae on my Atrix 2 keeps randomly shutting off. I've done searches for this problem, but all I ever seem to find are people having issues with their phone disconnecting from wifi and getting advice about configuring their routers. My issue isn't that it's disconnecting, it's flat-out shutting off. I have the power bar on my home page, and every morning, for example, I have to turn it back on; which is frustrating, because that is when I'd like it download the podcasts I have queued; while it's plugged in over-night, on wifi.

Any one else experience this?

rekkid

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had an issue with wifi... sounds like the same. Wifi turns completely off and sometimes the only way to get it back on is with a hard reboot? I would get that everytime I tried anything that had heavy data usage... streaming movies or music.

I went to my AT&T store to see if they've heard anything similar before about the A2... and maybe fishing for a free upgrade to a LTE device. Anyways, the guy said it could be the router. His mother had problems and he changed out her wifi router and it cleared up. I was in the store to order Uverse as well... and we've had it for about a week now and I havent had any more problems. We got the wireless RG so we connect directly to that (although the router in question is now used as an AP as it can be switched into a repeater.) Also I realized that I didnt have any problems at work and would stream music from Google music and DI all day.

WraithTDK

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It's nothing to do with the router. The reason the AT&T guy (and a lot of other armchair techs) will tell you that it's the router is that if your wireless network is configured poorly, it can cause problems with mobile devices connecting to it, so it will repeatedly disconnect. Replacing the router will often clear this up because you end up with a different config.

I'm a system administrator. Networking is my business. It's not just disconnecting, the wifi antennae is shutting off.

uBLeeMe

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the phone this past weekend and I'm noticing the same thing. I had the Atrix 4G so I'm familiar with ALL of the recommended settings to keep wifi on, but for some reason, the Atrix 2 thinks it knows best and will turn off the wifi antenna on me - doesn't matter if it's on the charger. I only got this phone because of a great deal from Costco, and overall I'm pleased with the phone, except for this issue.

Just happened again between sitting down at my desk at work and typing up this reply

Looks like I'll be going back and getting myself the SG2 if this issue doesn't go away.

crygenia

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Exact same issue with my A2 but it just started in the last few weeks, at least I never noticed it before. My wi-fi stays on pretty much all day long, I get home where there is wi-fi and it will shut the wi-fi off. I can literally turn it on and look at my phone 30 min later and it will be off again. This is a major issue with data usage because normally I would save a pile of data by being on wi-fi.

It's a plot to charge us for overages I say!! But seriously this is some kind of bug on the wifi from an update or something that is just killing me.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
My wife had the same problem with her Samsung Captivate, took it to a cellphone repair store, he downloaded an app called "Blade Wifi Fix" and it fixed her phone. When I got my A2 I loaded the app right away, I have noticed my phone losing the wifi connection and then the app automatically reconnects it. If you download it, you won't see it in your apps, you will have to go to settings, applications and look for it there. It works automatically in the background. I hope this will help.

Reactions: Chinookman

Brett Henry

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You need to delete the app and or update for AT&T Smart Wifi. Once I removed, I have not had any problems. Wifi remains on. Be careful...AT&T Smart Wifi will try and update in your google play.

Jessica Bixby

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok that buy a new router response is crap! FYI my router is At&t's.

Bret Henry, Thank you very much I uninstalled it and that did solve the issue. All the feed back on that app says it's crap so I didn't re-install it. ;)

markielee1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a att fusion 2 phone. recently have a problem with the Wifi icon onscreen turning off resulting in no wifi connection even though the phone is connected to my router. if I put the phone in airplane mode, then turn the wifi back on, it connects to wifi just fine. as soon as I turn airplane mode off, the wifi icon disappears and I loose wifi connection (even though the phone is still connected to router). this happens at work, home, or anywhere so it isn't a router problem. installed the Blade Wifi Fix program but didn't fix the problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc