Accuweather default wrong city please help

joepa150

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the Motorola Atrix 2 for my wife. I have been playing around with it and really like it compared to the Iphone 3g she had.

One problem is that on the Accuweather widget or whatever its called, it has the wrong city. I added my city but I want my city to be the default weather that shows on the main screen.

Everything else seems self explanatory so far.

BTW this is the first android in our house.

uBLeeMe

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I see the same thing, it's accuweather that's the problem. If GPS/wifi is on, it doesn't get my home location right (thinks I'm in a city that's 50+ miles away), but when it's relying on cell towers, it identifies my location as the city where the cell tower is located (still not my home city).

The Weather channel and Weather Bug does a better job at identifying your specific location.

Rseib

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I just figured this out on my Samsung S5. From the main screen, use the left menu to open the list of cities. Select Edit Locations. Each location is listed with something that looks like an "equals" sign beside it. The "current" location is at the top. The location below that is listed as "favorite" and shows up notifications. To change the favorite, press and hold the location that you want to be favorite, and drag it to just below "current." The list order seems to determine the favorite. To get rid of a location, press and hold, then drag it off the side of the screen. Why do they have to make this so difficult to figure out?

Just bought the Motorola Atrix 2 for my wife. I have been playing around with it and really like it compared to the Iphone 3g she had.

One problem is that on the Accuweather widget or whatever its called, it has the wrong city. I added my city but I want my city to be the default weather that shows on the main screen.

Everything else seems self explanatory so far.

BTW this is the first android in our house.

Brittany Domm

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
This helped thank you!! Only thing I would add is on my phone (LG G Stylo) you have to add your location first then Swype left on the location you don't want and it will delete it and make the other location your default/favorite.

I just figured this out on my Samsung S5. From the main screen, use the left menu to open the list of cities. Select Edit Locations. Each location is listed with something that looks like an "equals" sign beside it. The "current" location is at the top. The location below that is listed as "favorite" and shows up notifications. To change the favorite, press and hold the location that you want to be favorite, and drag it to just below "current." The list order seems to determine the favorite. To get rid of a location, press and hold, then drag it off the side of the screen. Why do they have to make this so difficult to figure out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888