Help: Atrix 2, wont switch on

AreNeo

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

i have search but with no luck so pardon me if I may have missed some similar thread.. I had recently rooted my phone and it did worked fine for a day. But then at some point while unlocking the screen, it froze and wont respond. Even back switch for turning phone on button was not working. I removed and put back battery thinking to hard reboot my phone.. but it has not turned since then. I was charging the phone just before this happened so battery is almost 100% full. It wont even show any sign of life not even blinking led... :(

What can be done, is phone bricked due to rooting.. but I doubt this, because it was working fine for a day. Can I take this to AT&T store, will they find out about root, as this phone wont just turn on at all..

Please help. any information will be highly appreciated..

anon(51467)

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest you pull out the battery for a few minutes, and in that time remove the SIM card, then press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Leave the battery out of the device and plug it in to wall power and try starting the device. If that works, perhaps your battery has gone bad.

Then, assuming that worked, properly power it down and re-install the battery, then boot it up.

BTW, how did you root with the newest official OS?