Help i'm getting process com.motorola.main has stopped error!!

cal8

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i'm new to this, i have a motrola atrix 2 and recently i'm getting the error "com.motorola.main has stopped" i already did a factory reset but every time it reboots, all the aplications are there along with the errors. The phone turns on and off by itself. Can somebody help me to make this phone work again please? I don't care about the data or the warranty (i'm outside the US so... it doesn't work for me) or using a diferent ROM, but i prefer the factory one please help me :'(. Also, none of the aplications i uninstall disapear after reboot, the same with the applications i install.

Last edited:

anon(51467)

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help i'm getting process com.motorola.main has stopped error!

I am not the best to answer this but I'll take a shot. It sounds, obviously, like that file is corrupt or such. I don't think a factory reset will help. You may need to reflash the original ROM. But that is the problem, I am not sure you can get one.

I would look at the Motorola users forum to see if there are some pointers there.

XDA has some rom replacement for this device although I have not had time to try it. I am rooted but looking for the time to do the rom upgrade.

I would bet the guys at XDA could give you some good direction to correct your issue.

Good luck.

cal8

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help i'm getting process com.motorola.main has stopped error!

Thanks man, i really appreciate it. I'm going to try flashing this device, on XDA they have some files to do so and solve soft-bricking. You think this would help? Since this is my first android device, i don't know many of these terms and i just don't want anything supid.

Thanks!

anon(51467)

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I am new to Android as well and am not too up to speed on all the ins and outs. I would think xda will help and yes the soft brick issue may indeed be what you need. It is what I would try.

Sorry for the late reply.