Battery dying in two hours

TheMindy2011

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't post here much but have gotten a lot of great info so first off, thanks.

Over the last few days my battery has been dying HORRIBLY fast. Last month I had a connection issue during charging. So I got an extra battery. Wish seemed to be doing the trick. First problem is it only shows n 80% charge no matter how long its on the wall charger.

Now, all of a sudden, its heating up so much that the top of the phone by the speaker and front facing camera is actually too hot to hold on to. Along with that is a battery that discharges from 80-50 in a matter of minutes. Then from 50-10 in the last 20 minutes. Anyone have this happen? :confused:

I've tried changing launchers. Pulling the battery, sim card, and SD card. I'm fairly sure I haven't downloaded any iffy apps.

Any ideas aside from doing a reset, which I did a few months ago to attempt the battery issue before buying the second one? I am only about 3 months away from being able to switch devices. So I'd like to not have to buy a new phone for retail price. I'm in Seattle on AT&T.

Any ideas would be appreciated! :D

Mindy

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
That heat sounds more like a hardware problem, either in the phone or the charger, rather than software. Have you tried a different charger and cable?

mcg3745

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
See if it heats up with the other battery also. That may help you narrow the problem down . Good luck!

Sent from my MB886

TheMindy2011

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like it was "fixed" by getting a better charger. I didn't realize my other one was dead until someone else tried it on their phone. It's still dying faster than I'd like, which makes my July update time seem SO far away. I am super excited about getting a Note 2. Unless there are other phones out by then that I think I'd like.
Again thanks for the help guys! have a great day!

Mindy