After reading lots of smart phone reviews, I decided to purchase the Atrix 2. I had read that the Atrix 4G works with Consumer Cellular. Comparing the specs, it appeared that the difference in the two was with the other goodies that the Atrix 2 comes with and that phone service should be the same. When I put my Consumer Cellular SIM in the Atrix 2, it apparently saw the card, because it had my correct phone number. However, I was not able to connect to the CC network. I called CC and spent over 30 minutes on the phone with them looking at various settings on the Atrix 2. Then they wanted me to put my SIM back in my old Krazr and verify that it really worked, which yes it did - just like when I took it out and put it in the Atrix 2. They then told me that apparently the Atrix 2 will not work on their network. Is anyone using the Atrix 2 with Consumer Cellular? I really like it, but if I have no phone service, it really is not worth what I paid for it. Has anyone tried to use it with CC and it wouldn't work? If so, do you know why? If I have to find another phone, I need to find out what about the Atrix 2 will not work with CC, so I don't decide on another phone that won't work.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!
    10-13-2013 02:10 PM
    After reading lots of smart phone reviews, I decided to purchase the Atrix 2. I had read that the Atrix 4G works with Consumer Cellular. Comparing the specs, it appeared that the difference in the two was with the other goodies that the Atrix 2 comes with and that phone service should be the same. When I put my Consumer Cellular SIM in the Atrix 2, it apparently saw the card, because it had my correct phone number. However, I was not able to connect to the CC network. I called CC and spent over 30 minutes on the phone with them looking at various settings on the Atrix 2. Then they wanted me to put my SIM back in my old Krazr and verify that it really worked, which yes it did - just like when I took it out and put it in the Atrix 2. They then told me that apparently the Atrix 2 will not work on their network. Is anyone using the Atrix 2 with Consumer Cellular? I really like it, but if I have no phone service, it really is not worth what I paid for it. Has anyone tried to use it with CC and it wouldn't work? If so, do you know why? If I have to find another phone, I need to find out what about the Atrix 2 will not work with CC, so I don't decide on another phone that won't work.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!

You have to research what radio/bands consumer cellular uses for their network to see if it is compatible with the atrix 2. For example, most AT&T phones are incompatible with Verizon sim cards because their networks are different. Do you know what version of the Atrix 2 you have?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-2013 09:19 AM
    Wizzrah,
    Thanks for your reply. I have now confirmed that the Atrix 2 will work on the Consumer Cellular network. It seems that the problem was my SIM card. Even though CC said it should work in the new phone, it did not. Tonight I put a friend's CC SIM card in the Atrix 2 and connected to their network. So they are sending me a new SIM card. That was what I wanted them to do a week ago
    10-17-2013 09:38 PM
    Wizzrah,
    Thanks for your reply. I have now confirmed that the Atrix 2 will work on the Consumer Cellular network. It seems that the problem was my SIM card. Even though CC said it should work in the new phone, it did not. Tonight I put a friend's CC SIM card in the Atrix 2 and connected to their network. So they are sending me a new SIM card. That was what I wanted them to do a week ago
    Well look on the bright side, trial and error helped you!
    10-18-2013 09:36 PM