AT&T Motorola Atrix HD revealed!

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/04/motorola-atrix-hd/?m=false

The next Motorola Atrix phone has been revealed on the company's website as the Atrix HD, with an MB886 model number matching the "Dinara" we saw pass through the FCC. According to the listed specs, it features a 4.5-inch HD Colorboost (720 x 1,280) display, 1.5GHz dual-core CPU will ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and (predictably) looks very much like the Droid RAZR. There's no carrier mentioned (other than the blatant logo at the bottom), but judging by the radio bands mentioned in the specs it comes off very much as a Droid RAZR for AT&T with quad-band EDGE, quad-band HSPA+ and dual-band LTE. It has a 1780 mAh battery, 8MP rear camera, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage (up to 32GB external) and measures 8.4mm thick. The construction is as you would expect, with Gorilla Glass and Kevlar fused to make the "business ready" handset, while the Atrix 2's Lapdock 100 is listed as an accessory. There's no word on when the third Atrix will be launched, but you can find out all about it and sign up for updates right now at the source link.

firstdown55

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else disappointed with the non removable 1780 mAh battery or scared that an Atrix MAXX will be released a couple months later?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know if this will ship with vanilla Android or if it will have a skin on top of the OS?

It will not have stock Android.

But IMO, Motorola's "Blurred" ICS is currently the best implementation (vs. Sense, TouchWiz).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll be trying out for sure. The screen, software based buttons, toned down almost stock looking skin, and kevlar construction have my attention. Wondering about battery life, but I think I'll definitely give it a go.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Now that it's officially revealed and available 7/15(within my 30 day remorse period on my GS 3) I only have 2 concerns on this phone. Does it have a status light and how will the battery compare to the GS 3, which has been stellar.

Sweet looking design, especially in white.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that it's officially revealed and available 7/15(within my 30 day remorse period on my GS 3) I only have 2 concerns on this phone. Does it have a status light and how will the battery compare to the GS 3, which has been stellar.

Sweet looking design, especially in white.

Yes it has a status light and the battery is actually very comparable to the S3.....just take it that I know what I'm talking about ;)

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
This has really peaked my interest. Can't wait to see more about this device. I've had my S3 for a few days now, and while i love it; I've always had a thing for Motorola. I'm also curious to see what's going with Motorola now that Google owns them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This has really peaked my interest. Can't wait to see more about this device. I've had my S3 for a few days now, and while i love it; I've always had a thing for Motorola. I'm also curious to see what's going with Motorola now that Google owns them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

This is defnitely a pre-Google era Motorola device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ShockHouse

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about this Colorboost screen and how it will compare. Is there anything on the market (tv or anything) that could compare? If not I can't wait to see how it looks compared to the One X since everyone says that is the best.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes it has a status light and the battery is actually very comparable to the S3.....just take it that I know what I'm talking about ;)

I hope you're right. It sucks that the phone is being released in four days and I can't find a single review or even a hands on. Maybe Motorola is concerned about what the reviews will reveal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith