Charging while phone is off? Turns on when plugging in?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Anybody try charging your Atrix HD while the phone is off? I will shut my phone off and plug it in. For some reason every time I charge it with the phone off, it turns on by itself as soon as I connect it. I have to connect it first and then shut it down.

Sent from my MB886 using Android Central Forums

bavarianpride

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure your turning your phone off?
If you hold the power button for 3 to 5 seconds, it gives you the option to turn the power to the phone off. Otherwise your just basicaly putting the phone in a kind of sleep mode ( short power button push). If you power your phone off, just the Motorola logo, then the charging logo will show on the screen, then it will go off altoghether.
Hope this makes sense.
T.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I made sure of it. Held the power button down and then powered off. I plugged it in, and it fully turned on. ATT logo and all. Weird. Ill see what happens tonight..

Sent from my MB886 using Android Central Forums

asull238

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am having this.exact same problem with my ATRIX HD. No idea how to fix it. Instead of turning my phone off to charge now, I just put it to sleep

curlygurlychemist

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I had the same problem as well, as it turns out, my phone only does this when plugged into my computers, not when plugged into a wall outlet. I find this very annoying, (and strange) but nonetheless, you can charge your phone when it's off. Hopefully your work and home have an abundance of outlets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton